Random Music Talk CX: Obscured By Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty dope. I'd just sign up to Spotify though. Nearly everything is on it and I don't even notice the money that comes out my account to pay for it.

Yeah so far I'm liking it. I imagine when the six months runs out, I'll stump up the cash to keep it.

Took the chance to listen to this new Sufjan album that everybody's raving about. It's OK, definitely pleasant, but I don't know if I'm much inclined to spin it again. Starting to get a bit samey.

I felt a similar-ish way on first listen as well. But his songs are like parasites, they get under your skin. Will definitely be top three for me.

To be honest the only couple of songs that really stuck out to me were the couple I didn't like much. The album was decent background music while I work and it's obviously composed well, but I can't imagine I'd ever be in the mood to listen to it actively. But then I'm not really a big folk listener. Even the albums I do really like, I only play occasionally.

Has anyone listened to the Miguel album? I really liked that one famous song of his but this album isn't doing it for me. Sounds very generic.

Elvis Costello and Steely Dan at the Hollywood Bowl tomorrow, cheapest tickets are only $48 including the service charge.

Why am I not going to this? El Mel?

You know what I'm freaking LOVING about Canada? The signs on the roads. This country knows how to inform people about what highway they're on, where it goes, how fast (slow, really) you can go, how many more kms to get there, and where you can eat and how far it is to get gas.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

its all good until you head east and they start cluttering up the signs with French.

Elvis Costello and Steely Dan at the Hollywood Bowl tomorrow, cheapest tickets are only $48 including the service charge.

It's $47 good, not $48 good.

Actually the only reason I'm not going is because I'm broke right now and that's about it. I've still never seen SD somehow. Costello, yes.

You know what I'm freaking LOVING about Canada? The signs on the roads. This country knows how to inform people about what highway they're on, where it goes, how fast (slow, really) you can go, how many more kms to get there, and where you can eat and how far it is to get gas.

its all good until you head east and they start cluttering up the signs with French.

Yep, east of Manitoba is where this kind of silly shit starts happening:

Fredericton road signs seem lost in translation - New Brunswick - CBC News

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/how-confusing-are-new-brunswick-road-signs-1.3137538

pfft, excuse me! or should I say pardonne moi?

Can I just say how irritating I find it that we bend over backwards in Ontario to have both French and English on all our major street and highway signage and yet you cross the border into Quebec and there isn't any English at all?

I actually agree with you, as much as that sickens me.

Politically and culturally, Quebec takes a lot of its cues from France and Europe. Yet in many places in Europe, highway and street signs feature a significant amount of English. But it would be political suicide for anyone with any clout to even suggest Quebec incorporate more English signage.

#RandomSignsTalk

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Living in the West has made you appreciate things you wouldn't normally, I see :lol:.

I'd like to think the other places I've driven in this country are pretty good for road information. But California is just all around the worst, as far as transportation as a whole is concerned.

Has anyone listened to the Miguel album? I really liked that one famous song of his but this album isn't doing it for me. Sounds very generic.

I didn't know what to think on first listen.

On second, I loved it.

I'm ready for a third, actually, but I would like to hear it at home where I can take better notation on what songs I loved. Right now it's a mess of "I feel strangely about track two, track four makes me uncomfortable, track 7 and 8 are great", etc.

Shhhh, don't remind him this exists..

...oh I see it's too late...

...and he doesn't want to go. Yay!

One of my first impressions when I was in the States is that way more traffic signs actually have words alongside the symbols. That wouldn't be too practical in Europe with so many languages.

I'm pretty fond of the Toronto music scene, myself. Basically everything about Toronto, really...especially the part where it's practically the US.

It's $47 good, not $48 good.

Actually the only reason I'm not going is because I'm broke right now and that's about it. I've still never seen SD somehow. Costello, yes.

The opposite for me, I've never seen EC. Though perhaps a smaller theatre would be better for him anyway.

Of course, tix would wind up being considerably more for that, I'm guessing.

If we go to any shows as the Hollywood Bowl this year, it's going to be one of these three:

The B-52s / The Psychedelic Furs
Empire of the Sun / St. Lucia
Grace Jones / Future Islands / Additional artist to be announced

Cause that's my birthday present to myself. But in the end, I might skip all of those and drive down to San Diego for The Church and The Furs. (OHHHH! Finally realized why The Furs aren't playing with The Church in LA, now. They've already got another gig.)

Grace Jones / Future Islands / Additional artist to be announced

I just had an image of Grace Jones coming out on stage with Future Islands and doing "the dance" in unison with the frontman.

future-islands-dance-2.gif

I bought a shirt that has a Canadian flag located on the sleeve this weekend. I feel like traitorous scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom