Random Music Talk CVIII: Enhanced with a string section...maybe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. Blur just announced a show here on Friday, same night I'm seeing Sufjan. They are on the Rushmore of bands I really want to see live.

New Miami Horror album is FINALLY out. It's pretty good, too. I hate to be that person, but it actually kinda has a strongish U2 thing going. It's weird, though, cause it's still a dance album, but this song (Out of Sight) almost sounds like Discotheque and Talking Heads had a baby.

Apparently her publicist is disputing the TMZ report, saying there is no coma and that she is expected to fully recover.

Neither outcome would surprise me very much, she's been in pretty poor health for a little while now. I remember a few weeks ago there was a news report that she had been rushed to hospital, and it didn't look good for her for a bit. Maybe it's been covered more in Canada.

She's a real tough lady though, so I don't doubt that she has the strength to pull through it if at all possible.

I think it's awesome that that's one of the acts he so badly wanted to see again before he left.

If their dull music wasn't enough to make me dislike Future Islands, that idiot frontman's live antics are. There's a fine line between charismatic and cringeworthy, and he's jumped well past it.

I saw them in a small club in Boston while they were touring Parklife, with Pulp opening (promoting His 'n' Hers). Saw them again at a club when they toured the self-titled. And caught their headlining set at Coachella a couple years ago.

Haven't heard the new album yet, but I think I'm good.

:lol:
Oh wait. Are they serious? Can't read the article cos it keeps disappearing halfway on my phone. I just assumed that was an onion post by the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom