Random Music Talk CVIII: Enhanced with a string section...maybe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way you people talk about this, I assume FYF stands for the Fuck You Festival.

So I've talked about Hiatus Kaiyote before. They've just put out an hour-long album of sprawling neo-soul (I don't really know what that is, I know it's a label for the likes of D'Angelo, Erykah Badu etc, but I find it hard to pin down cos it can be so fucking nuts). Awesome cover

HK-Web-safe-COVER1.jpg

There are parts of it I really like, as always with this band, but I also wish that they could just distill their songs a bit so I could really love them. But, that loose, syncopated sound they have is exactly why a lot of people love them. Their live show is amazing to watch, under the auspices of exotic frontwoman Nai Palm

Hiatus-Kaiyote-Cover-Gorillaz-Dare-live-on-Triple-J-Like-A-Version.jpg

I saw them open for Thundercat, and they definitely fit that sound. I think many of you here would enjoy them. My favourite songs from the new album

https://soundcloud.com/hiatus-kaiyote/09-swamp-thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZVMViSx6Ek

They also did a sick cover of Dare recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsCVw47fAOY

I've listened to Plastic Beach since Lou Reed and Bobby Womack passed, but this is the first time I've noticed and it's really depressing me. Cloud of Unknowing is really something else.

I was on my way home from work and I decided that after spending the last hour listening to the Pogues it would only make sense to get some breakfast at the bar, especially since I saw some of my coworkers walking in as I drove by. Sadly, when I explained to them why I showed up (I never go for kegs n eggs anymore) for the first time since any of those fuckers got hired that well, the ghost of the not actually dead Shane MacGowan told me to, none of them knew what the hell I was talking about.

I never remember what the chocolate coffee flavored shot of thing is, but someone bought that (someone always does) and we drank to me not mowing my lawn this morning. It's raining anyway.

It's really hard to drunk troll eykiw when you can't remember where that forum is, FYI.

Btw I had someone drive me home when I realized I'd turned into such a lightweight that 3 beers and a shot in an hour and a half is a bit much. I'm not that much of a shitbag.

Had it happen once...was not a fun time. Especially when they say there is some mechanical issue(forget exactly what it was)...then say nothing for over an hour...then say well they're going to let us take off with it anyway.

I've flown to Colorado, and then back. To was fine, but back was the worst ear issues I've ever had. Technical difficulties rank lower for me on the scale of whatever to spiders in terms of things I fear the most compared to how much my ears hurt for a good week after my flight.

I always have issues with my ears blocking up on flights, no matter how much gum I chew or whatever. One of the things I dread most about flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom