Random Music Talk CVIII: Enhanced with a string section...maybe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe mofo has tried that before I have. :lol: I see it everywhere but there's always some other beer I want more.

I'm not usually buzzed by flavoured beers, but I have to say that it is quite drinkable.

I had a Peroni yesterday - nasty stuff

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There's a breakfast place up the road from my house that does some really awesome banana bread French toast. I've never had banana bread beer, though. Got some zaatar pies for dinner, in case you're all wondering.

IWB, are you washing them down with some refreshing bong water? Dirty hippy.

IWB, are you washing them down with some refreshing bong water? Dirty hippy.

Do you really want to turn this back into random coffee talk? Because that's where this would be going. I also have some coconut water, which I suppose does make me a dirty hippy.

I listened to Vulnicura. It was the first I'd ever heard from Bjork. I didn't know what to expect and once it finished I had no idea what to make of it.

That is one of the most Cobbler posts I've ever read. Calling it Vulno would have put it over the top.

Couple of random things for the random thread here:

1. I don't care how far Muse have fallen in the eyes of many here, I still think the Exogenesis suite/medley is incredible, and that The Resistance is worth it for that alone. Muse have proven in the past that they are capable of greatness, and I hope that they get there again sometime.

2. I finally got around to listening to the Atoms For Peace album last night. I know, I know, two years late. You know what happened? When they first formed, I was super excited because Radiohead and RHCP are two of my top six or seven favorite groups ever, so Thom and Flea together had to be awesome. I then heard a track, and I don't even remember which track, from the album, and was disappointed. It may have been a live performance. So then I just kind of never got to it. Until last night. Holy shit. I don't know what the hell I was disappointed in back then, but I loved it all the way through last night.

Favorite tracks were Before Your Very Eyes, Default(a youtube comment aptly pointed out the instrumentation here sounded like Sega Genesis music), Ingenue, Reverse Running, and Amok.

In some ways it was similar to a Thom solo album, but his vocals here just had a warmer tone to them than they often do, and Flea's basslines just take this particular kind of sound that Thom has been working with for years to a different place.

Would honestly take this over King Of Limbs.

I've been listening the fuck out of the Warning Shots (with the exception of that semi-successful excursion down memory lane yesterday, it's almost the only album I've been listening to for the last week or so), because Mark Lind does not make bad music. Mark Lind can call the various bands and projects he's involved in whatever the fuck he wants, and I'm going to check it out as soon as possible with a level of anticipation that really tops any anticipation I may have toward any other band/artist these days. I wasn't the hugest fan of the Ebeneezer Blood album, but even Springsteen has a dud or two on his résumé. Sinners & Saints - The Sky is Falling has been my #1 all time favorite album for over a decade (because both Lind brothers are ridiculously awesome at making music), I've lost count of how many times I've gone out to Boston to see the Ducky Boys since I was 18, the last time I went to see the dropkick murphys was mainly because the Unloved were opening. I'm wearing my damn Dirty Water tshirt.

Pretty sure no one clicks these, but I'm still going to leave these here anyway.

http://youtu.be/w2eoPGKsnRQ

http://youtu.be/J6JDdu3jPhE

Cold Chisel box set on vinyl finally arrived today - packaging is immaculate, sound off the charts
11233543_10153299797845645_4341775519275571629_n.jpg

Couple of random things for the random thread here:

1. I don't care how far Muse have fallen in the eyes of many here, I still think the Exogenesis suite/medley is incredible, and that The Resistance is worth it for that alone. Muse have proven in the past that they are capable of greatness, and I hope that they get there again sometime.

2. I finally got around to listening to the Atoms For Peace album last night. I know, I know, two years late. You know what happened? When they first formed, I was super excited because Radiohead and RHCP are two of my top six or seven favorite groups ever, so Thom and Flea together had to be awesome. I then heard a track, and I don't even remember which track, from the album, and was disappointed. It may have been a live performance. So then I just kind of never got to it. Until last night. Holy shit. I don't know what the hell I was disappointed in back then, but I loved it all the way through last night.

Favorite tracks were Before Your Very Eyes, Default(a youtube comment aptly pointed out the instrumentation here sounded like Sega Genesis music), Ingenue, Reverse Running, and Amok.

In some ways it was similar to a Thom solo album, but his vocals here just had a warmer tone to them than they often do, and Flea's basslines just take this particular kind of sound that Thom has been working with for years to a different place.

Would honestly take this over King Of Limbs.

Also check out Thom's solo piano version of Ingenue. About as beautiful of the piano version of Spinning Plates.

I like Amok waaaaay more than Yorke's recent solo album, and decently more than King of Limbs.

Probably a MF thing to say, but I'm kinda feeling like Yorke has passed his prime as a song writer.

Lineup for FYF comes out tomorrow, but knowing it's gonna be at expo Park again, I just don't know how I could possibly justify giving them my money. Unless Ride is on the lineup, I just can't do it.

Lineup was great on paper last year, but that was the least fun I've had at a music fest. One unnecessary challenge after another just to see some damn bands.

I know they've had a year to figure this out, but it wasn't like last year was their first rodeo, but some of the mistakes they made were amateur hour. Especially only having one entrance with about 10 gates.

It just doesn't fill me with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom