Random Music Talk CVIII: Enhanced with a string section...maybe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck off, RIAA. Just admit your industry is dead as originally envisioned and try a new approach.

I mean, he may have been a one-hit wonder, but Stand By Me is a great track, so he wasn talentless.

Didn't know him personally so I can't address the "scum" part.

I mean, he may have been a one-hit wonder, but Stand By Me is a great track, so he wasn talentless.

Didn't know him personally so I can't address the "scum" part.

If I'm not mistaken Martha was asking for explanation of the Interference Talentless Scum meme not inferring Ben E King (or even Bun E Carlos) was talentless scum.

I don't know the full story behind its genesis, but basically refers to non U2 artists (started with Beyonce maybe) as "talentless scum". Typical EYKIW fodder.

I don't know the full story behind its genesis, but basically refers to non U2 artists (started with Beyonce maybe) as "talentless scum". Typical EYKIW fodder.

Shit, I had forgotten about that. The dude who was super defensive about Brazil and hated Beyonce.

If I'm not mistaken Martha was asking for explanation of the Interference Talentless Scum meme not inferring Ben E King (or even Bun E Carlos) was talentless scum.

yes.

And thanks.

Well I got that Martha wasn't referring to Ben E King....but I guess I missed the "one hit wonder" part of the original Talentless Scum meme..so while I understood that Laz didn't think Ben E was literally talentless scum, I wondered if he was seriously saying that Ben E was a one hit wonder. But I guess my sarcasm meter is off today! Lol

Sent from my ass crack

Speaking of longstanding Interference gags, does anybody have on hand the thread where the whole Vik thing started?

The IPA craze is making its way out west, I see. IPA is nearly the only beer you can get in Chicago anymore.

Here in Chicago it is common to see half to three-quarters of a brewery's list made up of IPAs. Not disputing that it might have started somewhere else, but in my travels at least I have not seen a city with more IPA concentration than Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom