Random Music Talk CVII - At Home with Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if all the other terrible lineups this year have conditioned me to low expectations, or what, but that was actually the first one I saw that I thought, "I could go to that."

Sent from my SM-G900T using U2 Interference mobile app

Osheaga is better, simply because I haven't already seen half the bands I'm interested in. There's a day by day for Lolla and Sunday is so fucking bad. It's like they booked a dozen bands and forgot to book the other 20 until yesterday.

I'd just grab a Friday for Macca and leave the rest.

Last edited:
This year's Lollapalooza is being headlined by...

Paul McCartney, Metallica, and Florence & The Machine.

lol
Could be worse. Linkin Park is headlining one day of Pukkelpop which is the second biggest festival in Belgium. It's also rumoured that Bastille is another headliner but I really can't believe that.

Osheaga is better, simply because I haven't already seen half the bands I'm interested in. There's a day by day for Lolla and Sunday is so fucking bad. It's like they booked a dozen bands and forgot to book the other 20 until yesterday.

I'd just grab a Friday for Macca and leave the rest.

For me, I judge a lineup by how many bands I'd pay full price to see on their own. By that standard, I feel like Osheaga's is the best in years, because there's at least 15 bands I'd legitimately see outside the festival.

However, I had been holding out hope for Florence. Had the rest of the lineup been complete crap, I still would have gone just to see her. Her set at the 2012 Osheaga was one of the best concert experiences of my life, right up there with anything I saw with U2, Arcade Fire, or anyone else.

I've had Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" stuck in my head all day and this is not a bad thing. What a fun song to sing (or at least attempt to sing). What a tune.

marcellus-wallace-butch1.jpg

She'll be here all week, ladies and gentlemen.

Sent from my SM-G900T using U2 Interference mobile app

Bryan Devendorf and some bloke from Menomena have a new band. I can't find out if Bryan drums in this band. If he does then I will listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom