Random Music Talk CVII - At Home with Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a bit of 'how dare he!' but most of the posts in that thread were reasonable for EYKIW standards.

There's sadly not much else to discuss there in the other forum that is until someone starts yet another thread on why SOI failed.

Just saw Gimme Shelter. So effing good.

Now watching Some Kind of Monster...ten minutes in, I'm dying.

Adam Clayton went missing for half the band's career and they replaced him with a doppleganger.

Proof?

The Adam Clayton on Under A Blood Red Sky has blonde hair, and the Adam Clayton on Rattle and Hum has brown hair. Normal haircut, even. It was only til recently that weird hair Adam was found and returned to the band, the doppelgänger of course being offered as a human sacrifice to the iTunes gods in return for their facilitation of SOI's release.

Fixed.

It was a poor attempt at humour, like that one guy who comes in a day late and says 'that's a thing; ok this changes everything'.

Heaven or Las Vegas is a flawless album. It's like nine 8/10s and one 20/10 (the title track). Cocteau Twins, dream pop masters :heart:

U2 using backing tracks doesn't bother me at all.

Some songs/elements I don't have an issue with, such as the sequencer in Bad. But I'm not a fan of the backing vocal track on Beautiful Day, for example, because Bono, Edge, and Larry should be able to do that themselves. There's no reason it has to sound exactly like the album version.

What is this Tidal nonsense? Daft Punk is there, Arcade Fire, Kanye of course... Every big artist in the world it seems.

I'm watching a stream because Kanye posted a link on his Twitter.

And now they're signing some sort of declaration with The National Anthem by Radiohead in the background. This is all pretty damn weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom