Random Music Talk CVI: Leave Kanye Alone!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanye wanted attention and got a RMT thread named after him.

Perhaps Beck wasn't the real winner after all.

We are all winners!!!

everybodyWins.jpg

Can't imagine caring any less about this Kanye crap.

Seasons 9-end were sort of crap, but Netflix only doing the first 5 seasons of m*a*s*h is kind of weak.

Can't imagine caring any less about this Kanye crap.

Seasons 9-end were sort of crap, but Netflix only doing the first 5 seasons of m*a*s*h is kind of weak.

How can you only put half the show on there?

I actually think the second half (Winchester/Potter era) of the show is just as good as the Blake/Trapper era. They're different but it's a war, people come and go so the characters changing makes perfect sense to me. Some of the episodes were kinda dumb, but so were a number of the episodes that Henry Blake and Radar were in too :shrug:

There's a new service in Canada called Crave TV which is basically the cable providers' version of Netflix, I know they have the full series on there for sure.

Anyways, since this is my first (non-Civilization related) post in the music thread, I'll add a music thought: this past weekend I bought "The Best of the Stone Roses" on a whim thanks to hearing one song I liked, and wow this band is great, sounds a lot like proto-Verve to me :up:

I fucking hate MASH. I recognise that it was hugely popular and critically acclaimed and whatever, and I can respect that fact, but I am overcome with rage whenever an episode comes on TV.

How can you only put half the show on there?

I actually think the second half (Winchester/Potter era) of the show is just as good as the Blake/Trapper era. They're different but it's a war, people come and go so the characters changing makes perfect sense to me. Some of the episodes were kinda dumb, but so were a number of the episodes that Henry Blake and Radar were in too :shrug:

There's a new service in Canada called Crave TV which is basically the cable providers' version of Netflix, I know they have the full series on there for sure.

Anyways, since this is my first (non-Civilization related) post in the music thread, I'll add a music thought: this past weekend I bought "The Best of the Stone Roses" on a whim thanks to hearing one song I liked, and wow this band is great, sounds a lot like proto-Verve to me :up:

I actually liked a lot of the Potter/Honeycutt/Winchester episodes a lot better than the trapper/Blake seasons. Always thought the change in characters was for the better. Seasons 4-8 were the best, after that it got repetitive and preachy. Although I own every season on DVD, so I suppose I shouldn't really care what Netflix has :shifty: it's just sort of lame of them.

I fucking hate MASH. I recognise that it was hugely popular and critically acclaimed and whatever, and I can respect that fact, but I am overcome with rage whenever an episode comes on TV.

So, basically how I feel about Kanye?

:wink:

:shrug: I got hooked on re-runs when I was 12, every five years or so I go back to them, and it's always been one of my all time favorite shows. I had intended on watching that Particle Fever documentary, but when mash popped up on the top of the Netflix app, I had to go watch a couple episodes.

I've never seen an episode of MASH, but I watched the movie because Robert Altman directed it and really enjoyed that.

Didn't like the movie, but I saw it ages ago. Don't know what I'd think of it now.

I watched the movie only once when I was about 15, expecting it to be just like a two-hour episode of the TV show, and was confused and disappointed by the end of it. I don't know if that's because it didn't meet my expectations (and half the characters were completely different), or because it genuinely wasn't that great, but I have no real burning desire to watch it again to find out.

I watched the movie only once when I was about 15, expecting it to be just like a two-hour episode of the TV show, and was confused and disappointed by the end of it. I don't know if that's because it didn't meet my expectations (and half the characters were completely different), or because it genuinely wasn't that great, but I have no real burning desire to watch it again to find out.

That's pretty much why I didn't like it (and I'm not 100% sure I even watched the whole movie). I had fair warning that the tv show was different, was well aware of what characters and actors were/weren't going to be there. But Donald Sutherland instead of Alan Alda was still weird as hell, and it wasn't nearly as funny as I'd expected despite what expectations of darker humor I had. I've got practically the same taste in movies/books/tv/pretty much all fictional mediums as I have had my whole life, so I don't think I'd really change my opinion here. But if the movie were to show up on Netflix, I'd at least add it to the queue if not try to watch it again.

I really don't know how much overlap there is between fans of the movie and fans of the show, but I do know that A LOT of people love the movie. The tone is pretty dark, but it's still funny.

I like dark. I've always liked dark. That wasn't the issue at all.

Then Kanye will let you keep your Grammy.

It's been over two hours since he was last mentioned!!

I was going to make a joke about how maybe I'm just too white, but it didn't even sound funny in my head. Yours worked better.

My teacher said I'm a loser, I told her why don't you kill me

- Kanye West, Get Em High (2004)

Wait, what?

I was under the impression that Kanye just didn't really have any clue who the hell Beck was when he made his comments. Clearly he had listened to at least some of Beck's stuff way back in the day (either that or it's one hell of a coincidence), so now I'm even more confused by his statement.

Wait, what?

I was under the impression that Kanye just didn't really have any clue who the hell Beck was when he made his comments. Clearly he had listened to at least some of Beck's stuff way back in the day (either that or it's one hell of a coincidence), so now I'm even more confused by his statement.

No way was it a coincidence, it was all over the radio so I'm sure he heard it a good few times. Kanye himself is confused by his statement.

I love Altman, but MASH is one example where his satire didn't work for me at all.

I thought MASH was OK, the movie, I mean. I didn't like the show as a kid, but I was a kid. I enjoyed the movie enough, though, that I really want to check the show out some day. It's cool that at least some of it is on Netflix, but yeah, infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom