Random Music Talk CVI: Leave Kanye Alone!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I made 3 mil per year, I would buy something closer to work.

If you made 3 mil a year, you could probably just but someone to commute for you.

My commute takes 15 minutes. 20 when there's traffic, and that extra 5 is unacceptable.

My commute of 30-40 minutes will be getting much longer as they are beginning reconstruction/widening of I-15 between my home and work. Mofo got out just in time.

Off to watch Better Call Saul

say_zps91782026.jpg

I wish Lost would have done a spin off with Ben Linus or something. I didn't like Breaking Bad, so I obviously don't have any interest in this series.

I am going to be marathon-ing season 5 of Breaking Bad this week, simply because I want to watch Better Call Saul :shifty:

We watched the pilot of Parks & Recs last night, btw. While I didn't laugh much, it seemed like it could be a lot of fun.

I was surprised by how not-bad the pilot episode of Parks & Recs was after hearing again and again how weak season 1 is.

I wasn't a fan of Saul's character, so just no interest in watching anything with him at its center.

Parks & Rec = :heart:

Mikal, a Ben Linus spinoff would never work. Neither would Hurley. They'd have to do what Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul or Cheers/Frasier did. Take the 6th or 7th (whatever) most important character, who is also beloved by fans in a cult-like following and go out into his world - with subtle calls back to the original. I'd suggest Desmond Hume. Although with LOST, it's hard to say who the most important characters were in some order, I'm just talking about the fact that Linus and Hurley would still be on the Island. They'd need to get away from the Island and at some point get back to it.

Desmond and Penny FTW.

Am I the only Breaking Bad fan who has no interest in Better Call Saul?

I had a lot of apathy about it. I loved BB well enough (favorite series of the last several years) but still find BB overrated by most ardent BB fans, so I had a little BB fatigue in the wake of the series finale and the hype. Also, spinoffs are never any good. But I gotta say, while only three episodes in to Better Call Saul - I couldn't have rationally expected anything better. It's good.

The job I applied for last week ended up being one they couldn't hire for, so it's up in the air for now, but they were going to bring me in for a second interview. I only bring this up because, had I got the job I would've been working in Hollywood.

And thus, the year I spent living in LA and managing to never have to get on the highway to get to work would have ended :yikes:.

Hollywood? You don't want to commute there via the freeway. The 101 is awful. Red Line all the way.

I should look into commuting via Metrolink train or move closer to orange county California.

Check metrolink, except for when it derails, it's pretty good. I have co-workers who use it to commute and love it. Orange County traffic may actually be worse than LA traffic. :crack:

Oh and it's amusing that after weeks of delay, Firefly announced a lineup with a blurred headliner. For some reason, Paul McCartney won't let them announce him yet.

firefly-2015.jpg

Mikal, a Ben Linus spinoff would never work. Neither would Hurley. They'd have to do what Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul or Cheers/Frasier did. Take the 6th or 7th (whatever) most important character, who is also beloved by fans in a cult-like following and go out into his world - with subtle calls back to the original. I'd suggest Desmond Hume. Although with LOST, it's hard to say who the most important characters were in some order, I'm just talking about the fact that Linus and Hurley would still be on the Island. They'd need to get away from the Island and at some point get back to it.

Desmond and Penny FTW.

I would totally be on board with a Desmond-centric series!

Hollywood? You don't want to commute there via the freeway. The 101 is awful. Red Line all the way.

I'd love to be able to take the Red Line everyday, but the suggestion was that I needed a car. Unfortunately we'll never know if that would've been the case, unless they decide they do need to hire someone else in the coming weeks :sigh:

Did anyone watch the Stevie Wonder tribute thing last night? Some really great performances in that.

In other random music talk, I just noticed that The Big Pink updated their cover photo and image on Facebook after having not posted in months. :hyper:

In other random music talk, I just noticed that The Big Pink updated their cover photo and image on Facebook after having not posted in months. :hyper:

I wonder if they can recapture some of their potential from the first album...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom