Random Music Talk CVI: Leave Kanye Alone!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I won't be listening to the Kills on the way home. Not unless the Honda dealer here in Bishop has all the parts to make my car stop making that horrible noise. I may be listening to the tow truck driver's fascinating stories all the way home.

:(

It's Presidents Day here today in 'merica. But I work today. My commute is usually 2 hours but today I got to work in 40 minutes. I should have known I could have left later.. but no. I got to work very very early and now I am sitting in the parking lot surfing the net. I could go in since I have keys to the place but I want to just chill in my car for a while.

I'm so sorry your commute is 2 hours. Genuinely. That sucks.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

They have the new axle in stock! I'll drive my own self home later!

The old Axl
600full-w.-axl-rose.jpg

was better than the new Axl:

Axl-Rose.jpg

A two-hour commute is ungodly.

As is having shitty, cold, windy, snowy weather.

My sympathies to all.

It was so windy last night that the street sign in front of my house informing people they cannot turn left at the intersection literally snapped in half.

Idlewild, one of my all time fav bands, released a new album today via PledgeMusic. For whatever reason, I usually feel predisposed to dislike things that go this route, but the band did some pretty cool stuff with it (signed albums, each purchase including a really high quality recording of a live show with extremely different acoustic renditions of their songs, etc.). Pretty cool. I'm really excited to listen to it, it's received some good press, which is awesome considering it's been a wile since I'd felt genuine "community" excitement surrounding an Idlewild album.

Music rules.

Idlewild, one of my all time fav bands, released a new album today via PledgeMusic. For whatever reason, I usually feel predisposed to dislike things that go this route, but the band did some pretty cool stuff with it (signed albums, each purchase including a really high quality recording of a live show with extremely different acoustic renditions of their songs, etc.). Pretty cool. I'm really excited to listen to it, it's received some good press, which is awesome considering it's been a wile since I'd felt genuine "community" excitement surrounding an Idlewild album.

Music rules.

This is not on Beatz. I am teh sad. :sad:

You guys need to have a cushy goverment job like me. Every federal holiday off, man.

Music: I will be listening to the Kills on the way home, 'cause I'm going to see them in July!

Not if you live in a snowy place, though. Then you don't get President's Day off because of snow makeup days.

But I guess getting snow days isn't horrible hmm.

My father leaves really early in the morning to beat the traffic and still has a 45-minute commute (35 miles). My pay is shitty but I appreciate not having to commute (I literally live around the corner from my office).

My father leaves really early in the morning to beat the traffic and still has a 45-minute commute (35 miles). My pay is shitty but I appreciate not having to commute (I literally live around the corner from my office).

Pay is the key here. If I didn't make 3 mil per year there's no way I'd make that commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The job I applied for last week ended up being one they couldn't hire for, so it's up in the air for now, but they were going to bring me in for a second interview. I only bring this up because, had I got the job I would've been working in Hollywood.

And thus, the year I spent living in LA and managing to never have to get on the highway to get to work would have ended :yikes:.

So in my quest of listening to everything Animal Collective has released, I started Feels today. Conclusion: Feels and Strawberry Jam >> MPP and Hz. They're better when they sound more organic. Still a long way to go.

Here I am occasionally bitching about my 25-30 minute commute...

I got spoiled by my first ever "commute", which was all of a five minute walk.

This is not on Beatz. I am teh sad. :sad:

The band uploaded what looks like all (or most) of the tracks to their YouTube channel. Not sure if you're very familiar with the band, but in Remote Part isa great intro album.

Tallest Man is back May 12. Dark Bird is Home.

da91e562.jpg

01 Fields of Our Home
02 Darkness of the Dream
03 Singers
04 Slow Dance
05 Little Nowhere Towns
06 Sagres
07 Timothy
08 Beginners
09 Seventeen
10 Dark Bird Is Home

Certainly seems to be a lot of good shit due to drop this year. I'll love this album if there's anything as good as 1904.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom