Random Music Talk CVI: Leave Kanye Alone!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: M.A.S.H. the theme song is called Suicide is Painless and the lyrics were written by a 14 year old. Whenever Mash came on TV when I was a kid the theme song made me feel depressed but more so because it signalled the end of my nightly TV viewing and I knew it was time to go to bed.

I don't even know what's going to happen to me when Bruce and/or Pete go their reward.

That's going to be Joe Strummer levels of caring, and I'm actually going to be quite sad about deaths of people I don't know, kind of depressing.

I signed up for this board when I was 13 and I'm 24 now. Holy fuck, I need to get my shit together.

Amazing how many of us have basically grown up on this forum. I was 16 and am now 28.

someone asked me who dies in Someone Great (I've always used listener license and pretended it's about the breakdown of a relationship) and I was about to say unspecified but apparently it's about a therapist he saw twice a week in his 20s. #themoreyouknow

someone asked me who dies in Someone Great (I've always used listener license and pretended it's about the breakdown of a relationship) and I was about to say unspecified but apparently it's about a therapist he saw twice a week in his 20s. #themoreyouknow

Where did you get that from?

The miscarriage theory is still one that makes the most sense to me.

I've always thought it was about a therapist as well, but the universality of the lyrics is a huge part of what makes Someone Great such a powerful song.

So apparently the guitarist from Slint almost killed himself yesterday but was stopped in the nick of time.

I'm listening to Tweez and appreciating his awesome tone.

Last edited:
So apparently the guitarist from Slint almost killed himself yesterday but was stopped in the nick of time.

I'm listening to Tweez and appreciating his awesome tone.

I've been trying to reply to the thread about this on RYM all evening and can't. I haven't even listened to Slint for years. But holy shit his blog post and everything affected me in a way I can't find the words to express. Horrible.

I've been trying to reply to the thread about this on RYM all evening and can't. I haven't even listened to Slint for years. But holy shit his blog post and everything affected me in a way I can't find the words to express. Horrible.

I've only heard the story from his perspective, so I'm not going to make any judgments about his ex-wife, but it's easy to sympathize for the guy. A relative of mine had a very similar experience (minus the ensuing domestic violence) and it was a nightmare for them but they found a reason to keep going and have since remarried. I hope Pajo can recover from all he's been through.

Last edited:

Yeah, I think the first line is the most important one: "I wish that we could talk about it, but there, that's the problem." The therapist interpretation makes the most sense to me.

I thought it was common knowledge that it was about the therapist. Hmm.

I'm really glad the guitarist from Slint didn't kill himself, and if he has, I think I would've been writing another insanely long and angry email to FYF Fest over my missing them last year because of that insanely stupid line.

(On a somewhat lighter and hollower note, I saw Sting and Paul Simon tonight, Primo stuff.)
! Would pay good money for that.

So, this happened across the street from where Kanye was playing last night:

beck-kanye-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom