Random Music Talk CVI: Leave Kanye Alone!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait until a proper version drops.

I would so buy the Yeezy Boosts if I had money.

Literally nowhere in that post does it say the word 'free' but I have just sent them an email. Maybe it will help me come across as sentimental when I have girls over.

Really? I think they look absolutely horrible :yikes:.

Oops! I'm really sorry that message sounded so curt/blunt, I was writing it out of excitement, not anything else. I see here it doesn't say free, but trust me, in their other comments on their Facebook, they definitely are shipping it out free :up:

Yeah, I get ya :wink:.

The lead singer of Visage passed away :(. I hate listening to an artist's work for the first time because of things like this, but I'm hearing their S/T album for the first time. It's pretty great.

I'm going to be fucked when an artist I love dies. So far Rick Wright's probably the only one that's affected me off the top of my head, and that hit pretty hard.

Clarence Clemons dying really fucked up my emotions for a while. Always feels weird to be so upset about someone you don't even know passing, but we get attached to things too, ya know?

Nice bloke, too. Have I ever told you all about the time I hung out with him, Tom Morello, Roy Bittan and sipped expensive tequila with the percussionists and back-up singers?

of course, I did not know Bittan played on Station to Station at the time, so I didn't ask what the recording sessions were like, a regret that I will carry with me to the grave.

I, all too frequently, have these horribly morbid moments where I'll see Macca, or Betty White, or Dick Van Dyke, etc. and the only thing I can think when I see them is, "oh God, oh God, oh God, you're going to die."

it will be deeply, deeply sad but it will result in this beautiful outpouring of love, listening and a lot of great articles.

I was thinking the other day about what I'd do if Bowie or Three Stacks dies.

THAT FUCKING ARTICLE. Holy shit, I almost broke into tears immediately when it was originally making the rounds. Then I laughed really, really hard.

I'm going to be fucked when an artist I love dies. So far Rick Wright's probably the only one that's affected me off the top of my head, and that hit pretty hard.

There's been a few that really bummed me out, Hutchence was one, had just seen INXS a couple months prior, shook hands with him, seemed like the happiest guy at the time.
Layne Staley's death bothered me a lot too, probably moreso than Cobain's. Never got to see Layne live (did see Nirvana about 6 months before Courtney killed Kurt)
Entwistle too. Was a young pup when Moon passed and just starting to get into The Who, but they became my favorite band shortly thereafter until U2 came along and I loved watching Entwistle play the bass...best there was.
Lennon's death was the most shocking/stunning I recall. Was a kid staying up late watching the Patriots/Jets on Monday Night Football and got the news broken by Howard Cosell.

can you imagine this place when Boner, Hedge, Claycourt or the other one dies?

Well if we're talking about EYKIW, people will probably make a bunch of asinine jokes that they proceed to stand by with an incomprehensible stubbornness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom