Random Music Talk CVI: Leave Kanye Alone!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a Pond thread somewhere? Oh I guess there isn't. I'll start one later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one got my Lewis (Mistreated) quote in the last thread. You would have if you were real Radiohead fans.

My father may or may have not written a MASH quiz book that was picked up by a publisher in the '80's, but never printed.

I was going to ask about the Lewis comment because I totally didn't understand the reference. Sorry :sad:

Elfa, Lewis is a guy who cut a few albums very quickly in LA in the early 80s. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but he rented a studio, worked rapidly, and then bolted well before the albums could be mastered, pressed, etc. A few copies were printed at the time but languished in obscurity. Some random guy a few years back found a copy of one of those albums in a used store and was impressed with it, and somehow made it go viral. At that point a few reissues of those albums came and the actual guy Lewis was found someplace in Canada, if I'm not mistaken.

How odd. Whats the general impression on the music? Is it any good?

I really liked L'Amour, and it seems to have something of a following. It's a unique album, though, and probably not for everyone. Airy with some light synth work and barely-intelligible vocals.

I wasn't sure if that was who he was inquiring about or not, because I thought it was spelled Louis :doh:

I love the main theme of that episode. May be my favourite Badalamenti piece from the show. Like the episode itself, it was a breath of fresh air after a long, long period of crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuzYfUz5dNM

Yes! The finale feels like its own movie to me, and the theme music still gives me the chills.

I hope Badalamenti comes back for season 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I want a poster of that album art, bad.

EDIT: Officially my favorite band ever

I'M SO HAPPY TO SHARE THE FIRST SINGLE OFF OF "DEAR TOMMY" TODAY. GOING TO BE RELEASING A SINGLE A WEEK UNTIL THE ALBUM COMES OUT IN MARCH. I FUCKING LOVE THIS RECORD SO MUCH & I AM LITERALLY FOAMING AT THE MOUTH TO SHARE IT WITH YOU. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD "JUST LIKE YOU" ON MY SOUNDCLOUD. THE SINGLE & THE INSTRUMENTAL ARE UP ON ITUNES, & COMING ON SPOTIFY ANY MOMENT NOW.
TO GET YOUR "JUST LIKE YOU" GIANT CINEMA POSTER...
EMAIL THIS MESSAGE..."DEAR TOMMY, HE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU" & YOUR MAILING ADDRESS TO:
deartommy@italiansdoitbetter.com
WE'LL MAIL YOU ONE ANYWHERE IN THE GALAXY.
COMMENT ON HERE WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT "DEAR TOMMY" & "LOST RIVER"...I'M FEELING CHATTY & I'LL TRY TO ANSWER YOU AS FAST AS POSSIBLE OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS. REPRESSINGS ON SHIRTS & VINYL COMING IN NEXT WEEK...
XOXOXOXOXO
JOHNNY

I'll wait until a proper version drops.

I would so buy the Yeezy Boosts if I had money.

Read what I quoted. They said they'll send it anywhere in the world free.

Literally nowhere in that post does it say the word 'free' but I have just sent them an email. Maybe it will help me come across as sentimental when I have girls over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom