Random Music Talk CVI: Leave Kanye Alone!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided that I'm going to be way over the top in a positive way in EYKIW from now on. I've stepped back and thought about my overall feeling towards U2 as well as their place in history and I've come to realize that there is way too high of a negative balance at Interference. So not only will I continue to welcome new members, but I'm going to make, make it right in EYKIW.
And date U2girl.

Love the chorus in the new Blur.

I'm just thankful Damon found a place to record that wasn't too hot for him.

I did just tweet it.

My knowledge of Blur is actually pitiful, it does not extend beyond Song 2 and Coffee & TV (which I can't even recall off the top of my head). Normally I'd peep a couple albums, but it seems like this best of is actually pretty well regarded? Haven't bought a best of since Quarantine the Past but that didn't spoil Pavement for me, was actually a great introduction.

Just about all of the songs on there are quality, so yeah, give it a go, tell us what you think.

It has taken me forever to come around to Blur, but now I find myself falling pretty hard and quickly. Nice timing on my part, I guess.

I love that band's potential, if that makes any sense. But the news of them going in a newish direction with this one and trying to sound more like Jefferson Airplane can't be a bad thing, right?

This might make you feel a little better about me at least, Cori:

I try to avoid Facebook confrontations, like any sane person would, but today I just saw so much stupidity on my wall, I couldn't take it anymore. The boiling point was one of my sister's friends posting about that couple in Michigan who had a pediatrician deny them service because she couldn't cope with them being homosexuals. My sister's friends response was, "Get over it and find another doctor."

So, I did the number one don't do it thing and I responded.

Over the next hour I learned so many things about this girl that my head is spinning. She's apparently also an anti-vaxxer and she thinks that mainstream media is the root cause of why people today don't realize that Christians are discriminated just as much as homosexuals.

I need to step away from the computer, but I couldn't help leaving one last comment.

The point is, don't engage people on Facebook. But every once in a while, we all crack under the pressure, I guess. The really encouraging thing, though, was that none of her friends seemed to agree with her at all, so that was uplifting.

So when you put it into perspective, me liking Starship isn't that bad.

Starship was the first concert I ever attended, on the "We Built This City on Rock & Roll" tour.
My first concert was The Who. I saw them on the opening night of their 2006 American tour for Endless Wire. They played 11 new songs (this was over a month before the album had come out and no one had even heard them) at the show and were woefully unprepared to play them. Pete had trouble with his guitar effects all night. In the middle of the set they played like eight new songs in a row and they were awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom