Random Music Talk CVI: Leave Kanye Alone!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Valentine's Day missed opportunity...

IMG_0932_zps51fce3f4.jpg

Not that I have any strong feelings for them, but maybe don't use the critically panned album to check them out? :shrug:

They had like two really great arena rock tracks on that last album, but the rest of it devolved too thoroughly into trying to sound badass that I lost interest.

Still, this new album is supposedly really bad, so not exactly the go-to source.

I caught just a few stray minutes here and there while channel surfing. Was impressed by Annie Lennox as well as Pharell and Tedder.

Annie Lennox killed it, as did Lady Gaga. But my favorite was Janelle Monae, India Arie and Jill Scott singing "As." Damn, that was great.

Not that I have any strong feelings for them, but maybe don't use the critically panned album to check them out? :shrug:

They had like two really great arena rock tracks on that last album, but the rest of it devolved too thoroughly into trying to sound badass that I lost interest.

Still, this new album is supposedly really bad, so not exactly the go-to source.

The debut actually has an even lower metascore.

Imagine Dragons just suck really hard.

I hate Imagine Dragons production. The song Polaroid on their new album sounds like it was written by Lorde and her producers.

There is a band called Reptar. And yes, they are named after the dinosaur from Rugrats. I have no idea what they sound like*. But they're named after the dinosaur from Rugrats.

*edit: they suck. Too bad, the name made me laugh.

There almost seems to be a direct correlation between awesome referential band names and how much they suck.

I've decided that I'm going to be way over the top in a positive way in EYKIW from now on. I've stepped back and thought about my overall feeling towards U2 as well as their place in history and I've come to realize that there is way too high of a negative balance at Interference. So not only will I continue to welcome new members, but I'm going to make, make it right in EYKIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom