Random Music Talk CV: The Human Fund - Money for Leo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Twiztid hadn't been so douchey and horrible, I might have something to say about how it was shitty for people at the warped tour to throw bottles filled with dirt at them. But they kind of deserved it.

The Locust got heckled so badly here when they opened for Andrew WK (ugh, this was like 9 or 10 years ago i guess) that they came out with a boom box playing mariachi music, danced around on stage to it for 5 minutes and then left without ever playing.

The only time I really hate mosh pits are at ska shows, but it's what happens when a shitty more popular pop punk band who draws frat kids rather than actual punk/hardcore kids is on the bill. They think they're actually supposed to be in a fight. I can't even imagine how obnoxious dropkick murphys shows are now.

Between Otep and Twiztid, I feel like this is the most you or anyone else has discussed rap metal in quite some time. Not since ICP's Miracles video came out, I guess.

I think I mentioned it before, but when I saw MGMT during their Congratulations tour they were a better live band by that point, but I had to awkwardly attend the show with a bunch of preteen girls. It was a weird live setting.

Rap metal is proof there is no god.

The Locust got heckled so badly here when they opened for Andrew WK (ugh, this was like 9 or 10 years ago i guess) that they came out with a boom box playing mariachi music, danced around on stage to it for 5 minutes and then left without ever playing.

This is kind of brilliant.

Between Otep and Twiztid, I feel like this is the most you or anyone else has discussed rap metal in quite some time. Not since ICP's Miracles video came out, I guess.

now that I've done my part to remind us all of some of the shittiest music ever created this side of skrilex, let's forget about it for another 5 years, yeah?

Its like when I went to a coworker's party and she was excited about a DJ she had for the evening and I laughed because it was a dude with a laptop.

I think ICP are fascinating in the sense that they're savvy businessmen who make money off the lowest common denomination of society.

Does skrilex make music? I thought he was just a DJ. I'm out of touch with edm though.

I have no idea how that works. I always thought that people who put out albums with their names on them were essentially creating music, by whatever loose definition of the term that might be. I know nothing about it, other than that stuff needs to die in a fire.

Its like when I went to a coworker's party and she was excited about a DJ she had for the evening and I laughed because it was a dude with a laptop.

Skrillex is as much a musician as the members of ICP are professional wrestlers.

I think ICP are fascinating in the sense that they're savvy businessmen who make money off the lowest common denomination of society.

A year or so I finally googled the magnets thing cos I missed that whole icp return thing, and I was tired of hearing the reference and not getting it. I must have spent like 4 hrs reading and watching shit on the whole juggalo thing. As someone who thought they understood plenty of outsider, non-mainstream subcultures and their appeals to their particular groups of outcasts, I have to admit I was still pretty mystified by how they created such a thing.

I like a certain aspect of wrestling, but man is it incredibly boring these days. By wrestling I mean WWE. I think there are some smaller independents that are probably cool.

I also don't get pro wrestling. It makes maybe a little more sense when I think of it as soap operas for dudes, but then I still don't get how anyone would rather watched roided up, greased up dudes in speedos fake fight when there's such a myriad of boxing, kickboxing, and mma to be had.

I can't imagine living in a part of the world where an ad for something ICP/Juggalo-related would ever actually play on telly.

Back
Top Bottom