Random Music Talk CV: The Human Fund - Money for Leo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The chocolate has to be underneath the sundae so that you can better control your fudge distribution as you're eating your ice cream.

Last edited:
Alright, in about thirty minutes, everyone will finally know I'm in Indiana, and then I can stop being so secretive about it :lol:

Have fun.

I just bought a ticket to Bonnaroo so I guess this is happening. I'm beginning the process of getting a second job on Monday.

It's a really nice track, though it was not good when I saw them live. Should have probably remained a studio effort. It doesn't build the way it maybe could, but there's a lot to like there.

Not that this is music related, but one of the worst things about sports is the person who wants to lecture you about whether or not you are a true fan.

I think that makes the annoying "you're a bandwagon fan - I've loved them since ought eight!" sports fans the hipsters of the sports world.

I never do that with sports (particularly as I've become a lesser fan of my fav teams and a greater fan of the spectacle) but I do it aaaaaall the time with music. I'm a real wanker.

Just to make it U2-related, I think I have a special place in hell reserved for the relative johnny-come-latelys who want to lecture folks about being a true fan.

As if post-2000 were anything more than a slightly sad coda to an astonishing career. Of course if I were a true fan, I'd understand that this is false consciousness on my part, and it's all a business.

Not that this is music related, but one of the worst things about sports is the person who wants to lecture you about whether or not you are a true fan.

I would never, ever question the loyalty of a Cleveland sports fan.

It's nice to be able to say that I've lived within a few hours of every team I currently follow, but I won't deny that I've bandwagoned. You've got to start somewhere.

I like the ones who try to quiz you on sports related shit like they're trying to prove they know more than you. I got that a lot the one season where I decided to follow football. It was always stupid shit, like "well you don't really know football, who is the center for the Colts? Hmmm? What position does Vince Wilfork play? Hmmm?" What does that prove?

Oh, and I was a Mets fan as a kid, I don't even know where the bandwagon parks.

I've done the thing where I think oh you're a fan of some sort of music that some people call punk rock? So cool, let's discuss all these albums I'm now sadly disappointed you've never heard of.

I don't like to shame people for when they started rooting for a team or how far they grew up from there, but I do like to shame them for thinking they are more tortured than I am as a fan. Which is why Cleveland fans bother me so much: they have a trump card.

Once every few years I listen to Soundgarden's 1991 epic of awesomeness album Badmotorfinger and turn up Slaves and Bulldozers really loud because that track owns everything.

I remember you changed your avatar to a black square once hahaha
Ha, I forgot about that. Yeah, it's a particularly bad time to be a Philadelphia and Penn State fan because none of the six teams are particularly close to competing for a championship. I guess I've got Villanova basketball this year but that's about it.
Hahaha. My comment wasn't prompted by anything anyone has said to me, just by some remarks in the NFL thread.
My best friend from college is a Cleveland fan so I'm very inundated with the ups-and-mostly-downs of their plight. I was really hoping the return of LeBron would get them a much-deserved championship in the next couple of years but, yikes so far.

Hahaha. My comment wasn't prompted by anything anyone has said to me, just by some remarks in the NFL thread.

I'm done over there. It's one of my favorite threads, but I'm tired of the attitudes. I don't know what you're directing at exactly, but I'm just absolutely tired on the incredibly backhanded, "congrats Mikal" comments every week.

At least in the baseball and college fb threads I don't always feel like I have to "prove" myself.

/rant over tonight really sucked, but at least I had my vacation to heal the wounds a little. Go Cubs.

Back
Top Bottom