Random Music Talk CV: The Human Fund - Money for Leo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes I think about how much music I've yet to listen to and I get bummed out. This is one of those times. Even among bands I've heard, there's so much of their respective discographies I haven't delved into.

Anyway, my phone battery is at 69%. Heh, nice.

The expression the more you learn, the less you know is so ridiculously true about music. The more you listen to, the bigger the holes are. you can take a couple bands, an chase them down a rabbit hole of the back catalogs, contemporaries of/similar to, label mates, bands they've toured with or worked with, were influenced by, for years with some bands, and still be woefully ignorant of so many entire genres of music still. And that's if you're just playing catch up, never mind all the new stuff coming out all the time. Trying to strike that balance of hearing new/new to you stuff while not feeling like you're wasting time on a lot of music you're just not into...not fucking easy.

The expression the more you learn, the less you know is so ridiculously true about music. The more you listen to, the bigger the holes are. you can take a couple bands, an chase them down a rabbit hole of the back catalogs, contemporaries of/similar to, label mates, bands they've toured with or worked with, were influenced by, for years with some bands, and still be woefully ignorant of so many entire genres of music still. And that's if you're just playing catch up, never mind all the new stuff coming out all the time. Trying to strike that balance of hearing new/new to you stuff while not feeling like you're wasting time on a lot of music you're just not into...not fucking easy.

Well said. You'd go insane.

As I've grown older, I've just learned to accept that I won't experience many many things (music or otherwise) I would've loved to, and to try to love what I can get.

Sometimes I see an album, a tv show or a movie and think "I'll have to watch/listen that later"... and then I just say "no, I don't have to, and actually I won't".

It has to be something really really special, or something that just happens to be there at the right time and the right place.

Like someone said once: "what you don't have you don't need it now."

You're joking, right?

Me?

Oh it was a whose alt are you who, I know what song that comes from. I jus assume random people with 340 posts who pop in here all of a sudden aren't actual other people and I was wondering who it was. I know that's beautiful day.

Me?

Oh it was a whose alt are you who, I know what song that comes from. I jus assume random people with 340 posts who pop in here all of a sudden aren't actual other people and I was wondering who it was. I know that's beautiful day.

Oh, don't worry, I'm no alt.
Yes I ventured out of my natural habitat but I don't expect to do that too often.
The thread just caught my attention.

Me?

Probably not a great way to encourage other people to join in the conversation over here :p.

What are your five favourite albums of all time?
U2 - The Unforgettable Fire

U2 - Achtung Baby

U2 - The Joshua Tree

Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A.

James Horner - The Land Before Time Soundtrack

:slant:....I'm pretty sure that's still accurate. It's been those five for quite some time now.

It gets a little more interesting after that

Pink Floyd - The Wall

The Cure - Disintegration

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

The Killers - Hot Fuss

Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run

1. Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
2. Anathema - Judgement
3. Alcest - Souvenirs d'un autre monde
4. U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
5. The Cure - Faith

6. Russian Circles - Station
7. Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream
8. Agalloch - Pale Folklore
9. Whipping Boy - Heartworm
10. The Church - Seance (or Medicine - Short Forth Self Living)

Uhhhhh I used to know this...

1. Abbey Road
2. OK Computer
3. Zooropa
4. Aja
5. Houses of the Holy

I feel like Station to Station and Court and Spark should be in here somewhere. Born to Run has been climbing but I don't think it's up there yet.

I thought Cobbler directed the 5 Albums question at Bad Exit, in a humorous way, as in "let's test you to see if you belong here".

Or maybe I'm crazy.

Back
Top Bottom