Random Music Talk CIII; WHATCHA GONNA DO BRUTHA WHEN HOMOMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOOOOOUUU

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hoser.png

I miss JT

Maybe now that I posted it people will actually want to talk about how much the Panda single kicks ass.

Well he touched both of you, but certainly touched Travis with a much firmer grip....
maybe Ghost of Blum is a fan of Homomania.

He's a chatty guy. The seance went well.

Maybe now that I posted it people will actually want to talk about how much the Panda single kicks ass.

I'm going to listen to the whole EP when I get home. Very nice surprise, considering the album keeps getting pushed back.

I listened to it earlier today in the midst of a whirlwind at work and liked it, but I need to give it a few more spins to have anything of substance to say.

The instant download of the EP when you preorder from Domino is a nice touch, but $8 shipping is a little rich for me when the vinyl isn't a label exclusive. I'll pick it up at a record store instead and keep bumping the EP on Spotify since it's already up there.

Fun fact: Panda thanked Derrick Rose in the liner notes for Tomboy. One would think this would've made it GAF's favorite album of 2011.

It's amazing how quickly Panda's stock fell after Tomboy and whatever the hell that last Animal Collective album was called. Maybe he's poised for a comeback now.

I liked but did not love Tomboy and Centipede Hz. Good albums. But after the remarkable Person Pitch/MPP duo, they were slightly disappointing.

It's amazing how quickly Panda's stock fell after Tomboy and whatever the hell that last Animal Collective album was called. Maybe he's poised for a comeback now.

If this single and his Daft Punk track are any indication, I'd call up a broker now. "Mr. Noah" is a banger.

Doin it Right is still so good.

But Animal Collective/Panda Bear I've never quite been able to get into. Fraction too weird for me, although there is something about "Mr Noah".

I think I'll probably always be one of those arseholes who only loves My Girls.

Ariel Pink has made some questionable comments lately. He seems like a bit of a prick. Not bad music though.

My Girls and Loch Raven are the only AC songs I find myself returning too, though some of those early albums like Spirit They've Gone and Campfire Songs have a great atmosphere about them.

Random Music Talk CIII; WHATCHA GONNA DO BRUTHA WHEN HOMOMANIA RUNS WILD ON Y...

My Girls and Loch Raven are the only AC songs I find myself returning too, though some of those early albums like Spirit They've Gone and Campfire Songs have a great atmosphere about them.

"Loch Raven" is so god damn good, and Feels remains both my favorite AC album and one of my all timers. "Banshee Beat" would be on a short list for best songs I've ever heard.

Centipede Hz is crazy underrated to me. The stretch from "Applesauce" to "Monkey Riches" is as good as anything they've ever done collectively (LOLOLOL) or on their own.

I'll never forget seeing them at 2AM at Bonnaroo last year with Michael Winslow doing Michael Winslow things.

I once took a friend with somewhat mainstream (and "world music") tastes to an Animal Collective show in Brooklyn. I think she freaked out a bit. We never went to concerts together again.

Centipede Hz is crazy underrated to me.
Indeed. It was one of my favorite albums of whatever the year it was released in. I go back to it more than MPP. Monkey Riches is so good.

Of course I've only heard those two albums.

Back
Top Bottom