Random Music Talk CIII; WHATCHA GONNA DO BRUTHA WHEN HOMOMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOOOOOUUU

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
onlinefriend-title1.gif

I was just thinking the other day that I really wish someone here knew him off the board and could just assure us he was doing ok.

Jack Nicholson Went Down to Mexico is the moment Ben found himself as a vocalist and remains our signature song. A powerful highlight. The Nicholson Always Stabs Twice is propelled by NSW's twisted lyricism. Love You Like Murder is the majestic lighter-waving hit that U2 has been searching for but unable to grasp.

The takeaway from this page is that everyone has a different favorite JNP song.

Two and a Half Men is far worse than Big Bang Theory, which is impressive, considering how terrible BBT is.

Both horrible and both made by the same dude.

I'm at a soul/R&B/hiphop festival. White Australian males don't seem to understand that you're not meant to keep stickers on your snapbacks.

Mos Def was underwhelming, which I guess can only be expected of a hip-hop artist at a festival in a massive venue. Aloe Blacc was fun I guess. Didn't know he sang on that atrocious Avicii song.

Common, D'Angelo to come.

Common was great, but a real shame that about 10 minutes of his set was dedicated to entry-level hype shit. I don't know much Common, but when he was rapping it was awesome, so it was pretty annoying to have 10 minutes of Jump Around, DJ scratching, "hey-hoh"/"all the fellas/all the ladies"/"people on the left/people on the right". He's so far above that.

D'Angelo was great. He's an artist I don't know well at all, but I loved their set. Was quite Prince-esque (which made it a shame that it was only a 50-60-minute long set. Great sound, definitely going to check out his work, although from what I know it's a pretty small discography. His screams are great. They finished with a song I'm assuming was called "How Does it Feel", which was amaaaaaazing, complete with an homage to U2 with each band member leaving one by one.

Maxwell was on last but I had never heard of him and I was not really in the mood so I just left.

Common was great, but a real shame that about 10 minutes of his set was dedicated to entry-level hype shit. I don't know much Common, but when he was rapping it was awesome, so it was pretty annoying to have 10 minutes of Jump Around, DJ scratching, "hey-hoh"/"all the fellas/all the ladies"/"people on the left/people on the right". He's so far above that.

D'Angelo was great. He's an artist I don't know well at all, but I loved their set. Was quite Prince-esque (which made it a shame that it was only a 50-60-minute long set. Great sound, definitely going to check out his work, although from what I know it's a pretty small discography. His screams are great. They finished with a song I'm assuming was called "How Does it Feel", which was amaaaaaazing, complete with an homage to U2 with each band member leaving one by one.

Maxwell was on last but I had never heard of him and I was not really in the mood so I just left.

In light of your complaint about Common and your discovery of D'Angelo, this last sentence is bewilderingly criminal.

..and I'm guessing you weren't there with a gf as I can't see her approving of leaving before Maxwell lol

Sent from my ass crack

Hope you had a great time at Moon Block Party, Martha.

Deap Vally brought the goods yesterday, though my opinion should come as no surprise. New songs all sounded great and seemed to go over well with the crowd.

Hadn't really seen much of Unknown Mortal Orchestra before and really liked their set. Need to look into more.

Britt Daniel of Spoon was in a great mood last night, kept complimenting the vibe of the Moon Block and said how it was the kind of event he liked to play. My friends put on the festival and it was really nice to hear them get that direct feedback from a big artist. Didn't hear some of my favorites, and they didn't play anything before Kill The Moonlight if I'm not mistaken (no Girls Can Tell material is a major crime), but it was still very enjoyable. Encore was I Turn My Camera On and Jonathan Fisk. They also played I Summon You, The Ghost Of You Lingers, Don't You Evah, Don't Make Me A Target (by request), Small Stakes, That's The Way We Get By, The Underdog, The Beast And Dragon Adored, and maybe 4 new songs.

So much from Ga X 5 seems like mainstream catering but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom