Random Music Talk CIII; WHATCHA GONNA DO BRUTHA WHEN HOMOMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOOOOOUUU

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to buy the physical deluxe edition of Songs Of Innocence tomorrow, if I can find it.

I actually stopped to buy it at a Best Buy (my first mistake) yesterday and they didn't have it, though their weekly flyer listed it. They did have 2 copies of best of 1990-2000 and one copy of The Joshua Tree. That was it. Sad.

I'll have to hit up Newbury Comics later today.

BANKS was decent last night. I like her music, but it starts sounding way too similar after a while. I'll give it a positive review, it's more that I was feeling like "why did I agree to cover this show"? I did really like the opening band - Movement. They were a good fit with her music.

I actually stopped to buy it at a Best Buy (my first mistake) yesterday and they didn't have it, though their weekly flyer listed it.

Someone else reported that their local Best Buy didn't have it displayed either - when she asked about it, they claimed to not know about it, but then found it in the back; they just hadn't unpacked it.

CONSPIRACY!!!!!

:sad: newbury comics :sad:

Was on the road for a few hours today and my travels took me into Saugus where there is a Newbury in the Square One Mall...thought I walked into a Hot Topic. Front 60% of store is all racks of T shirts and the like. Very little emphasis on music or comics, what a shame.
They did have the Deluxe version for a buck less than Best Buy advertised it for, so yay me saved a buck (maybe I'll save it for my grandson some time in the future or spend it at Taco Bell).

Telling was the fact that I also bought the new Weezer CD and the girl at the register said nothing regards to U2 but sparked up a conversation about the Weezer disc.

Was on the road for a few hours today and my travels took me into Saugus where there is a Newbury in the Square One Mall...thought I walked into a Hot Topic. Front 60% of store is all racks of T shirts and the like. Very little emphasis on music or comics, what a shame.
They did have the Deluxe version for a buck less than Best Buy advertised it for, so yay me saved a buck (maybe I'll save it for my grandson some time in the future or spend it at Taco Bell).

Telling was the fact that I also bought the new Weezer CD and the girl at the register said nothing regards to U2 but sparked up a conversation about the Weezer disc.

I was quite sad when the one in Amherst moved to Northampton, that's essentially what it became with the move. Their DVD collection had gradually been taking over the cd selection anyway, and I noticed how over the years I seemed to go from buying 2-4 albums in addition to the ones I'd originally intended on buying to not even being able to find the intended ones, until they up and moved shop entirely (and turned into a tshirt store).

I may be mistaken, but last I checked the one in Cambridge near the Alewife T station was gone and it was a CVS or something.

Cracked wrote an article that included some riffing on that performance, which is the only reason I even kinda knew about it (I have been very bad about hearing any of her music). Basically the crux of the joke/criticism was that it really felt like she was making up each song as they went along, and that they all kinda sounded the same. I listened to about 30 seconds to a minute of just about each track and I can see where they're coming from, but her voice is so engaging that I really didn't care much.

It's real out-on-a-limb, soul-baring stuff. Yes, there's some homogeny in the material, but each performance feels different. She gets pretty emotional at times. The bravery in releasing a 2-CD set of that material coming after the hUge success of Miseducation is admirable.

Unfortunate overlap with Black Lips and Deap Vally. Gotta support my girls so I'll be leaving the Lips halfway through. N

Here's the set times, BTW:

10351227_839375866084521_6999540171600779711_n_zpsa22115e4.jpg

No one responded or listened the last time I posted about these guys, because you're all meanies and bum bum heads, but I'm posting about them again. This song is easily one of my favorites this year. Super fun. Here's a cool live version KEXP uploaded this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4rvgyU8nX8

Lucius - Turn It Around (Live on KEXP) - YouTube

This is great. I just heard Lucius for the first time this week and the album (Wildewoman) has been a great surprise. Hey, Doreen, Tempest, and Two of Us On The Run are probably my other favorites so far, and I'm definitely digging the group harmony vibe.

Looks like The Decemberists have a single coming out for RSD Black Friday :up: was just thinking about them today, really liked their last album and excited for new stuff.

Who would have thought my new favorite singer of 2014 would be a golden voiced man by the name of Puddles' Pity Party who also dresses as a clown.

Looks like The Decemberists have a single coming out for RSD Black Friday :up: was just thinking about them today, really liked their last album and excited for new stuff.

Good.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

Flaming Lips have a black Friday record store day release I'm interested in too. God damn I can't believe this year is almost over.

Back
Top Bottom