Random Music Talk CII: Brazilian Style, the longer it takes, the closer it gets.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think some of these artists could make for decent B&C survivors:

Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones
The Who
Peter Gabriel
The Smiths
The Flaming Lips
Pixies
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Pavement
Blur
Wilco
The White Stripes
Coldplay
Gorillaz
The National
Arcade Fire
LCD Soundystem

Pearl Jam, Coldplay and The National are just obvious.

Last edited:
I think some of these artists could make for decent B&C survivors:

Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones

That's...a lot of music. Of course, I would automatically disqualify anything after Tattoo You because it's all pretty much worthless, save for a handful of tracks.

Why not suggest Prince while you're at it?

I'm sure there are a few other survivors that'd be good to put in between. There hasn't been a Joy Division survivor, has there?

you'd get like three votes a round.

That's not true, Joy Division are actually a good band...

I think a New Order survivor would be more interesting, just because of the variety of sounds involved, and the fact that they have more than 2 albums.

A Joy Division survivor would be cool. You could run it really quickly and there are plenty of fans here.

That's...a lot of music. Of course, I would automatically disqualify anything after Tattoo You because it's all pretty much worthless, save for a handful of tracks.

Why not suggest Prince while you're at it?

Yeah we would have to trim the discographies down. Do a poll and the top 10-15 albums with votes would be included.

I don't think Prince has as many albums that B&C regulars are familiar with as the Stones and Dylan do. Dirty Mind, 1999, Purple Rain, Parade, Sign O The Times...maybe Around the World in a Day and The Gold Experience? And then there's a TON of great b-sides that casual fans don't know.

Last edited:
Yeah we would have to trim the discographies down. Do a poll and the top 10-15 albums with votes would be included.

I don't think Prince has as many albums that B&C regulars are familiar with as the Stones and Dylan do. Dirty Mind, 1999, Purple Rain, Parade, Sign O The Times...maybe Around the World in a Day and The Gold Experience? And then there's a TON of great b-sides that casual fans don't know.

Diamonds and Pearls and the "Symbol" album both had pretty huge singles.

The Black Album is essential and groundbreaking. Those who haven't heard it need to.

3121 is up there with some of those classics (and was his first #1 album in like 15 years), and while fairly generic, Musicology has a lot of standout tracks.

Art Official Age also sounded damned good the first couple times I listened to it.

Back
Top Bottom