Random Music Talk CII: Brazilian Style, the longer it takes, the closer it gets.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah it's a weird oversight, but I guess the whole idea came from when he performed the album at the Nokia Theatre last year. Hopefully he'll add some dates and not count that as the LA show.

Hey vlad, I really like Everything Must Go, too. A lot. Not as quite frighteningly powerful and life-changing as its predecessor but it's damn good.

"A Design For Life" is such a great song. Wow. Just instantly caught my ears. Bradfield quickly becoming one of my favorite vocalists and this band quickly becoming one of my favorite bands. I doubt I'll ever love anything of theirs as much as I love THB, but I'm excited to work even deeper into their catalogue.

Hey vlad, I really like Everything Must Go, too. A lot. Not as quite frighteningly powerful and life-changing as its predecessor but it's damn good.

"A Design For Life" is such a great song. Wow. Just instantly caught my ears. Bradfield quickly becoming one of my favorite vocalists and this band quickly becoming one of my favorite bands. I doubt I'll ever love anything of theirs as much as I love THB, but I'm excited to work even deeper into their catalogue.

I'm happy to hear that! Overall, it's great when people outside of UK/Europe discover them.

THB is a once-in-a-lifetime album, basically, but it doesn't really matter because they've never really tried to rehash it all over again and as such, just about all of their albums have something different. Out of the more recent releases, Journal For Plague Lovers and Futurology (from this year) are absolute necessities. Futurology is probably my album of the year so far. :)

I'll buy both of those next. And that's Bradfield in you avatar, isn't it? Just noticed that. He's so great.

Haha, yeah. Have a lot of respect for him as a musician/vocalist, and nowadays he can write a pretty decent lyric too. There was an album sampler made for Futurology up on Youtube, I think you might find it a really good introduction to what the album is about.

Apple store website was a nightmare tonight and still down as of 1am. iPhone pre-orders went live after midnight. Apparently people were having no problem going through the mobile store app, but by the time I tried that, the only thing available was in gold. Came really close to ordering it anyway, but then went thru the AT&T website instead and got what I wanted (Space Gray).

I usually order the cheapest new phone with the smallest drive space for $199; this time I spent the extra $100 for 4x as much space (64G vs 16G). Live a little, right?

Free shipping and the estimated arrival date (Sept. 19th) is the same as what Apple had. We'll see what happens.

How can you stand having something bigger? The iPhone 5 is already too big as it is.

Yeah no shit, I want a phone that actually fits in my pocket. Remember when phones were gradually getting smaller and smaller? Those were good times.

Apple store website was a nightmare tonight and still down as of 1am. iPhone pre-orders went live after midnight. Apparently people were having no problem going through the mobile store app, but by the time I tried that, the only thing available was in gold. Came really close to ordering it anyway, but then went thru the AT&T website instead and got what I wanted (Space Gray).

I usually order the cheapest new phone with the smallest drive space for $199; this time I spent the extra $100 for 4x as much space (64G vs 16G). Live a little, right?

Free shipping and the estimated arrival date (Sept. 19th) is the same as what Apple had. We'll see what happens.

It was a clusterfuck for me. Couldn't order through Apple (at 3am in New York), ended up doing it through Verizon at 6am. At least it's still delivering on the 19th.

I did the same and splurged for the 64GB one. 16GB is just not enough for music and photos. Got the 6, although I was tempted to try the 6+. Looking forward to it as I skipped the iPhone 5 cycle and my 4S is getting slow and breaking down.

It was a clusterfuck for me. Couldn't order through Apple (at 3am in New York), ended up doing it through Verizon at 6am. At least it's still delivering on the 19th.

I did the same and splurged for the 64GB one. 16GB is just not enough for music and photos. Got the 6, although I was tempted to try the 6+. Looking forward to it as I skipped the iPhone 5 cycle and my 4S is getting slow and breaking down.

I still have a 4, so I've waited a while for this one.

Gonna try my luck on Verizon right now.

Ok. The earbuds I got with my ipods 47 years ago never fit because my ears are too small. Or the earbuds were too big. Now I've got the earpods that came with my new phone. They're slightly better, but they still kind of hurt my ears and slip out because they're still too big. Or my ears are too small. Is there something else? Some kind of bud/pod thing that aren't headphones but are small enough to fit in my apparently child-sized ears?

Ok. The earbuds I got with my ipods 47 years ago never fit because my ears are too small. Or the earbuds were too big. Now I've got the earpods that came with my new phone. They're slightly better, but they still kind of hurt my ears and slip out because they're still too big. Or my ears are too small. Is there something else? Some kind of bud/pod thing that aren't headphones but are small enough to fit in my apparently child-sized ears?

pTRU1-16722847dt.jpg
;)

Seriously though, there are lots of earbuds on the market with interchangeable tips. I'm sure you could find one with a small enough tip to fit your ears.

Thanks for that tip. I've been meaning to get new running earbuds. Will check it out.

I fall asleep with earbuds in and they always are painful when left in like that. I have mad small ears, though, so I just assumed that was the main issue. They're a lot better than the old iPod earbuds, that's for sure.

How can you stand having something bigger?

I get asked this a lot. :wink:

I agree the 5 was the perfect size, and have no interest in the super-size model, but the new one is only a slight increase. As long as I can still do operate it with one hand I'm fine. But I feel bad for people with smaller hands who are going to have more trouble.

Nice work.

I thought 16G was enough but with this camera I'm going to want to shoot more video.

I was going to switch from the Note, this time around (5.7 in screen), to the GS5, but when Travis got his and it was almost the exact same size as my phone, it was like, "Screw it." If phones are just going to keep getting better, might as well get the best of what's around.

But seriously, they're getting insanely huge, I don't get it.

Yeah, the gulf between phone and tablet gets smaller and smaller, and is going to make the latter seem pointless.

I blame Samsung. And Bono.

I blame Samsung as well, but I'm not going to deny that my phone is by far the best I've ever owned, either :lol:.

As the phones get bigger, though, the market for Smart Watches increases :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom