Random Music Talk CI - That's When I Reach For My Refresh Button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel like he wrote that as politely as he could. It's an unpopular opinion, but I guess he felt compelled to share it. There were worse ways he could have said it.

Also:
Holy shit. I just did it again. Set up an appointment to look at a car that's a manual :banghead:. I need to learn to read.

Actually, that was probably the most rational and even-tempered opinion I've ever heard/read Rollins express.

Henry Rollins

Who?

That was one poorly thought out article. This part is actually somewhat promising:

And I get that you can’t understand anyone else’s torment. All that “I feel your pain” stuff is bullshit and disrespectful. You can appreciate it, listen and support someone as best you can, but you can’t understand it. Depression is so personal and so unique to each of us that when you’re in its teeth, you think you invented it. You can understand your own, but that’s it. When you are severely depressed, it can be more isolating than anything else you have ever experienced. In trying to make someone understand, you can only speak in approximation. You are truly on your own.

But then he says it's impossible to feel bad for them? Whatever, asshole.

"I have life by the neck and drag it along. Rarely does it move fast enough. Raw Power forever."

Oh GOOOOD for you!

Last edited:
Also:
Holy shit. I just did it again. Set up an appointment to look at a car that's a manual :banghead:. I need to learn to read.

First car I ever owned was a manual. Bought it from my brother's in-laws in LA. Prior to picking it up I'd had about 3 brief lessons from my brother on driving a manual. Then we went down to LA, and I drove it back up to the bay area. And got stuck in massive LA traffic, of course. I managed to stall it just twice. But being stuck in stop-and-go traffic for two-ish hours was pretty damned nerve wracking.

First car I ever owned was a manual. Bought it from my brother's in-laws in LA. Prior to picking it up I'd had about 3 brief lessons from my brother on driving a manual. Then we went down to LA, and I drove it back up to the bay area. And got stuck in massive LA traffic, of course. I managed to stall it just twice. But being stuck in stop-and-go traffic for two-ish hours was pretty damned nerve wracking.

It's a 2010 (I can't look at anything too new, I did just move out here and I'm the only one working atm) and it's a really nice car and I'm really, really considering faking it til I make it. I don't have to go anywhere this weekend, driving-wise, so I have time to practice....>_>

Basically what I was getting at. I expected something completely heartless, cause...Rollins.

Writing off someone's existence because of their suicide is pretty fucking heartless. There's already a stigma attached to mental illness and it's assholes like this roided-out aggro fuck that perpetuate it.

Compassion, not contempt.

Writing off someone's existence because of their suicide is pretty fucking heartless. There's already a stigma attached to mental illness and it's assholes like this roided-out aggro fuck that perpetuate it.

Compassion, not contempt.

I wasn't trying to excuse Rollins, what I was trying to say was really surprised by the tone of the article.

It's not that rare but everyone starts with a manual car at least. Automatic cars are more of an upper middleclass thing. Aren't they way more expensive than manuals?

All this talk about cars and driving reminds me that I don't have drivers license. I'm nearing 20 and I haven't even started practicing. Hell, I haven't done the theoretical exam yet :lol:

We asked for an automatic for our rental in Iceland (in a low price range) and ended up with a Mercedes-Benz! It was nice and all, but kind of a pain in the ass to deal with.

And I didn't start driving until I was 24, and now I drive all over the United States during the summer. You'll make it.

And I'm so so glad that I'm not the only one here who thinks Henry Rollins is an asshole. Hell, I didn't even read the thing.

Music: Beck came on my itunes at work today, and I was reminded how much I like his singing voice.

Holy shit, there's someone here who got their driver's license later than I did (22, so when I parallel parked that ambulance in downtown Boston the first time, I'd actually only been driving for about 3 months).

I drove all over New England the first couple years I owned a car. I'm over the whole driving around thing now, or maybe I just need some new scenery to motivate me to leave the house. Or at least an aux hole. Can't drive without tunes.

We already knew he was an asshole, but this is next-level:

Henry Rollins: Fuck Suicide | West Coast Sound | Los Angeles | Los Angeles News and Events | LA Weekly

I'm sure GAF will be pumping his fist in solidarity.

Let me set the record straight. I thoroughly did not mean any of that shit I was saying in the R. Williams thread. Not saying that what I said wasn't completely uncalled for. And this is a bad/sad excuse, but that whole thing came about as the result of literally a summer long bender. I haven't had a drop in about 48 hours now.

Your comment there might have been in jest, but I felt like responding. And I love you.

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this, but Henry Rollins is a LIAR, AND HE LIES.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

Cobbler, just don't be yourself and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom