Random Music Talk CI - That's When I Reach For My Refresh Button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you're on a continent where automatic is more or less a novelty, one always has to wonder what is so challenging about driving stick. But I guess when you're going through driving school using only automatic, I can imagine it would be difficult to switch to manual afterwards.

God, I wish I knew how to drive a stick. I've had to pass up on a few cars I've wanted over the years, because I don't.

Its not that difficult to learn, but frankly now that you're living in LA LA land, you'd get pretty annoyed with it in the heavy traffic you're likely to encounter.

I prefer doing something with my left foot as well.

and I have a lurking suspicion that all car dealers are sleaze bags.

Certainly a vast majority.

And sad as it may be they and some mechanics will definitely try and take advantage of someone they think doesn't know about cars, and many assume that most women fall into that category.

Whenever my wife's car needs any service done, I take it in cause while my automotive knowledge is extremely limited, its enough to know when someone is trying to pull a fast one.

Another annoying thing is when a really hot girl puts up a really hot pic but she's also wearing an Indian headdress.

Maybe this is me not understanding the implications of Indian headdresses, but shouldn't be focusing on how we appropriate gender or race, or how we can act towards far larger problems in either of those regards to race or gender rather than condemning headresses? Cultural appropriation will always happen - surely the best thing to do is to counteract excessively negative connonations? The intelligent won't associate with the white headdressed anyway.

(Ignore all smileys, Chrome won't delete them)?

Maybe this is me not understanding the implications of Indian headdresses, but shouldn't be focusing on how we appropriate gender or race, or how we can act towards far larger problems in either of those regards to race or gender rather than condemning headresses? Cultural appropriation will always happen - surely the best thing to do is to counteract excessively negative connonations? The intelligent won't associate with the white headdressed anyway.

When I'm sober I might be able to understand this post and respond to it. Love you!

Yes, I was also wondering what possible reason this girl would have to be wearing an Indian headdress.

I mean, is it a douchey thing to do? Yes. It is literally the worst thing to do in the world? No.

(I'm also of the opinion that censorship is An Inherently Bad Thing, if only because people who do shitty things require the fierce criticism they deserve. So banning headdresses from music festivals is a bad thing, not because Indian headdresses are a good thing, but because Indian headdresses are a bad thing and they deserve criticism and public debate.)

I have to drive an automatic because I can barely walk and talk at the same time. And I've been blessed with a dealership service advisor for the last 14 years that I trust completely.

And what the hell kind of girls are you filtering for, Cobbler?

I have no idea if manual would be difficult or not because I've never driven a car with stick shift.

I like chicken tenders.

Music is cool.

I didn't know manual is so rare in the US these days. Most people here drive manual. You can get an automatic drivers license but then you're only allowed to drive automatic cars which is pretty useless. I know like one person who has it.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using U2 Interference mobile app

^^Shut up.

So this girl on tinder. I swiped right because one of her pics was with Aladdin Sane makeup and she looked real hot. But she just sent me a pic and it appears she has one of those moustache index finger tattoos :barf:

Dude....dude...come on. Those tattoos are adorable, in their own way, 1st of all and 2nd...come on. If you're going to use a website that focuses solely on features to determine who to date (I'm trying to be as positive as possible, here, fwiw, I think Tender is going to be the undoing of all society), maybe try not to focus on the tiniest of details. She was wearing Aladdin Sane make up ffs!

Pfffft, fuel economy. All that matters is it has an aux hole.

I totally haven't passed over a few cars for lack of aux hole >_>

Ugh, swtor servers are down. I bout skyrim on boredom impulse. Going to go take am arrow to the knee now /way late to the party.

Hey, it's cool, I just restarted it the other day, so we can be nerds together!

When you're on a continent where automatic is more or less a novelty, one always has to wonder what is so challenging about driving stick. But I guess when you're going through driving school using only automatic, I can imagine it would be difficult to switch to manual afterwards.

I know I could probably learn it relatively easily, the problem is, when am I supposed to learn between now and getting the car, ya know?

I've been trying to wrap my head around this headdress thing for a little while now. So, basically, it was OK to raise generations of people with cowboys and indians and Indian dress playsets and then expect them to just move on when one day someone realizes, oh hey, that's probably not cool...

Mindsets aren't going to change overnight, so I don't know what people really expect from the world at large.

I also find it a little funny that the Redskins thing bothers me so much, but the headdress thing barely even registers, but I realize that there's a very strong cultural significance to it and can understand them not wanting others wearing them.

I didn't know manual is so rare in the US these days. Most people here drive manual. You can get an automatic drivers license but then you're only allowed to drive automatic cars which is pretty useless. I know like one person who has it.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using U2 Interference mobile app

Travis didn't realize that manual was so common elsewhere, when we were talking about this last night. I really didn't either, until recently.

I would have a blast driving a manual, but as has been pointed out 1) Time to learn and 2) LA Traffic.

a.aaa-Gay-tennis.jpg

Travis didn't realize that manual was so common elsewhere, when we were talking about this last night. I really didn't either, until recently.

I would have a blast driving a manual, but as has been pointed out 1) Time to learn and 2) LA Traffic.
It's not that rare but everyone starts with a manual car at least. Automatic cars are more of an upper middleclass thing. Aren't they way more expensive than manuals?

All this talk about cars and driving reminds me that I don't have drivers license. I'm nearing 20 and I haven't even started practicing. Hell, I haven't done the theoretical exam yet :lol:

Yeah, automatic cars are generally more expensive in places where manuals are the norm. I always drove manuals until I moved to the US (and now I basically don't drive anymore). Still have trouble at times with automatic cars when I'm distracted, as I feel an urge to push the clutch with my left foot.

Back
Top Bottom