Random Music Talk CI - That's When I Reach For My Refresh Button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just curious now, if Rollins got a metric ton of hate mail over that, how much other hate mail has he gotten in the past? Probably enough to wallpaper all the homes in a medium-sized country?

Who writes hate mail to celebrities (I guess under some loose definition of the word he'd count as one), anyway?

Great quote Laz :up: that's why people who haven't experienced it or known someone intimately who has suffered, should just shut up, in my view.

Just curious...In the context of this discussion, like who? Do we need to trot out our own personal experiences before we comment? Rollins did, as you noted. Again, not saying I agree with him 100% but its not like he is writing from a place of complete ignorance, or by his own claims, anyways..

Just curious...In the context of this discussion, like who? Do we need to trot out our own personal experiences before we comment? Rollins did, as you noted. Again, not saying I agree with him 100% but its not like he is writing from a place of complete ignorance, or by his own claims, anyways..

It does start to tread a little too close to, "only people who have ever contemplated suicide themselves are allowed to voice an opinion on it." Or, "I'm allowed to say what I said because I have been on anti-depressants myself." I don't like the idea of having to qualify where I'm coming from when I express my opinion, although I do see how it appeases some when it's a subject as delicate as suicide (abortion status, really). If I was going to say that I hold some twisted modicum of respect for the girl who leaves several weeks of uncashed paychecks, and personal information in a pile on the table next to the closet where she hanged herself, I'm probably going to get reamed for calling it respect. Then I have to apologize and explain well, every few months I feel like blowing my brains out* and consider what I'd have to do to get my shit together so my mother could access my bank accounts and my housemate wouldn't get too screwed on the rent (along with the where and how, minimizing clean-up, chances of being found too early/stopped), so it's ok that I think whatever?

*i don't own any firearms, life's been pretty good for the last 7 or 8 years now and i am most certainly not suicidal, and you're not getting rid of me that easily

Agreed IWB. plus, I think there's way more people who don't have a fucking clue about depression posting touchy feely social media responses that clearly show how little they understand than people who are writing from a place of grief, anger, bewilderment, similarly suicidal feelings, you name it - all of which are legitimate responses to suicide - and these are the people the rest of the world needs to hear from. Not from that idiotic Facebook friend who posts "just reach out snd talk to someone!!11!" but wouldnt be able to recognize depression or a cry for help in a friend if it literally clubbed them over the head. They're the ones that need to stfu, Imo

..and the cruelest irony is that it's survivors and/or sufferers - Rollins included, apparently - that need to speak up the most. But it's not fucking easy to do. Alot to give away and then it's out there, you can't unsay it..

:lol: Bernard's guitar sounds like Bono's would if they ever turned the volume dial up.

Very impressive drumming.

how come? i think it sounds pretty close to the original version, factoring in the live aspect of the video of course. or have you only heard the 87 version?

Yeah, it looked like Bernard was warming up at the beginning. Because his part doesn't come until later in the song anyway. When he took his solo midway through it was close to the recorded version, just more raw.

And sounded pretty great to me. :shrug:

*Car does not actually come with lightning bolts

You can pop a copy of this in the CD player
20131025_pearl-jam-lightning-bolt_91.jpg

Congrats on the new car. Did we go automatic or manual?

As for the Rollins apology...at least it did sound sincere and that he's taking the readers' criticism to heart. Will be interesting to see what is posted Monday.

Did Anakin build R2 or was it just Threepio? Did he even build either of them? I can't fucking remember the origin of that whole thing. I haven't seen Phantom Menace in at least a year.

R2 was in the employ of the royal ship. During their escape from Naboo, they received damage and four droids were sent outside to repair it. All of them were shot off save for R2, who fixed it and saved everyone. His reward was getting cleaned by Padme, and she has him in tow for most of the remainder of the film.

Getting "cleaned" by a 17 yr old Natty P? ...

Boring conversation anyway. LUKE! WE'RE GONNA HAVE COMPANY!

Yes, it works. And she'd look much cooler screaming down the 405 with "Creeping Death" blaring out the windows than "Yellow Moon"

I don't know if it's going to be possible to look cool doing anything in this car, but I'm willing to give that a shot.

This line took twenty minutes to walk to the end of... No idea when we're going to get in. Seriously going to miss Slint over this... What a disaster.

We just sat down at our first band of the day... At 5.

Missed Slint. So glad I get to see Real Estate instead /sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom