Random Music CXXV: Least necessary thread edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of terrible band names: I spent eight years ignoring Ladytron because that's a really shit band name, and have spent the last six making up for this.

This is good. :up:

Giving the whole album it's from a spin now.

Nice! “Again” just hits you hard. I find the rest of their material hit or miss but they have some good tracks in there for sure!

I’m at the stage where I just want to go listen to Biffy Clyro so I can confirm that I hate them as much as I hate hearing about them. Autocorrect hates them and wishes their name was Buffy Clark.

That’s why I made an iOS keyboard shortcut and just type “Biff” and it spells out the whole name.

I want to believe the origin story that the name is a spoonerism of a pen that was an item of Cliff Richard merch, i.e. a Cliffy biro.

Speaking of Cliff Richard, sure he's a joke but at times he had the good sense to get The Shadows as his backing band and they are basically gods to me.

I'm not even joking. Pretty much the whole reason I am such a music fan. My grandad introduced me to them and I spent my earliest years "borrowing" all of his cassettes. I still have some of them around the place. We lost him last year and at his funeral the soundtrack was pretty much just The Shadows.

One of these days I'll get around to nailing Wonderful Land on guitar.

I'll be honest, I thought your avatar was Jesus Quintana from The Big Lebowski (but since it doesn't really exactly look like him, I thought maybe that spinoff idea finally got made).

I have no idea what you’re talking about, but I didn’t expect anyone to necessarily know who it was just as I also didn’t expect cobbler to know the name of the guy who wrote some music he heard while moving furniture the other day.

:shrug:

I like the music from Hamilton and In the Heights about as much as mikal likes Biffy Clyro, though.

Last edited:
The vampire slayer married the American Bandstand host.

I really don’t know what to make of how it corrects Biffy to Buffy but when i intentionally typed Buffy it changed it to Buddy. Something about an elf?

I have no idea what you’re talking about, but I didn’t expect anyone to necessarily know who it was just as I also didn’t expect cobbler to know the name of the guy who wrote some music he heard while moving furniture the other day.

:shrug:

I like the music from Hamilton and In the Heights about as much as mikal likes Biffy Clyro, though.

I still haven’t seen/heard Hamilton but I’ve listened to interviews with Miranda and I found him charming and interesting.

Loved him in Mary Poppins Returns, too.

friend of mine linked me to this, pretty dope song! major Cure and Clare Torry vibes

not as hot as 2018's other sweaty near naked bodies moving in the dark video, but still.

St. Vincent is producing Sleater-Kinney’s new album, due out this year, and this is a dream collaboration that is now my most-anticipated for the year.

You know someone pretty great that we never talk about? Bob Seger. Hell of a singles artist there for a while.

I fucking love Bob Seger. Grew up listening to him. Nightmoves, Mainstreet, Travellin' Man, Kathmandu, Hollywood Nights, We've Got Tonight, Still the Same, Ship of Fools... sooooo many great songs.

Hollywood Nights is such a fucking banger.

I'm convinced that Night Moves was the musical inspiration for Wilco's Handshake Drugs. And I don't mean that in a snarky or gotcha way; I love both songs to pieces.

My partner has a 14 year-old nephew whose favorite band is Steely Dan. I say that's pretty good evidence he will grow up to be an incel, but she disagrees. I still think I'm right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom