Random Music CXXV: Least necessary thread edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone listen to Supergrass? I would be surprised if they were not an influence on LCD Soundsystem somehow, especially through a track like Kiss of Life.

Huge, huge fan here. In It For The Money would be on my Best Albums of the 90s list with a decent placement. They never put out a bad album but my other two favs are Life On Other Planets and their debut I Should Coco.

Sadly I haven't yet checked out frontman Gaz Coombes' solo albums yet. Kept hoping the band would get back together but not looking likely.

I was a huge fan back in like 2006. Actually just went back to I Should Coco and Road to Rouen over the past month or so.

I hear the LCD Soundsystem comparison for that one song, but not anything else really.

Speaking of LCD Soundsystem and their influences, I've never really listened to Talking Heads before. Popped on Remain in Light in the background last night when we had some friends over, and part of The Great Curve sounds exactly like part of Disco Infiltrator.

I'm kinda surprised they've never reunited. Would think they could sell out arenas and make a nice buck, obviously not their (at least Byrne's) motivation, but would be great for folks to get a shot to see them together.

Looks like Antlers are ramping up for a new release. Unfortunately, "Palace" is so good that I can't really listen to anything else they've done.

Well the argument a couple of pages back seemed to be that you can't have gotten into anything old as a youngster unless your parents listened to it (otherwise you're a weirdo or an incel or something), so cut the guy a break. He's like 21 or something.

I saw a facebook event for a Steely Dan cover band, and I’m not volunteering to investigate to see if it truly is the place where art enemies and incels ocerlap.

So I normally don’t get personal here, but in the past year, I had to quickly pack the kids up and leave a very mentally abusive situation where mental health was the root cause. Custody battle got nasty. She accused me of threatening her life. Anyone that knows me knows I wouldn’t hurt a fly. Anywho, today was a big day because I came out on top legally and she can no longer be in position to pull her crap anymore.

And PS. Biffy Fucking Clyro!

Dr Gonzo?
Fear-and-Loathing-Benicio-600x281.png

No need to add, Sicy.

So I normally don’t get personal here, but in the past year, I had to quickly pack the kids up and leave a very mentally abusive situation where mental health was the root cause. Custody battle got nasty. She accused me of threatening her life. Anyone that knows me knows I wouldn’t hurt a fly. Anywho, today was a big day because I came out on top legally and she can no longer be in position to pull her crap anymore.

Sorry to hear about this, hopefully things settle out well for you and the kids.

Very sorry you had to go through that, mikal. Hope it can only get better from here on out.

Wow, sorry to hear that.
Take care of Leo, lord knows Bono won't.

yowza. glad you're out of that. best wishes that things keep getting better for you and your kids.

Thanks all. Never imagined I would go through this kind of situation. But like always, my head is high and I came out stronger.

Thanks all. Never imagined I would go through this kind of situation. But like always, my head is high and I came out stronger.

I don't know you very well, mikal, but I'm PROUD OF YOU. It takes so much courage to leave a bad situation and do the necessary things to protect yourself and your family. I'll be sending you positive vibes and hoping that it's nothing but onward and upward from here. :hug:

Last edited:
I don't know you very well, mikal, but I'm PRUOD OF YOU. It takes so much courage to leave a bad situation and do the necessary things to protect yourself and your family. I'll be sending you positive vibes and hoping that it's nothing but onward and upward from here. :hug:

Thanks! Hardest thing I’ve ever done. I know I act like a goofball and sometimes an asshole here but in reality I consider parenting the best and most rewarding thing I’ve ever done and I take it very seriously. My kids drive me to be the best version of myself every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom