Random Music Charli LXXXII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that album cover.

Thieves is good, but the vocal is a little too affected for me.

Also, I doubt anything of theirs will ever top This Is Not A Test.

Dept. of Eagles' song, No One Does It Like You, is still awesome. Wish it had been a Grizzly Bear track.

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......but that's not what happened in the book guys!

It happened differently in the books!

I swear it happened differently in the books! Why did they do this thing when that's not what happened in the books! Didn't you read the books?!?!?!?!?

FUCK THE FUCK OFF.

Haha the app revealed that some shit was going down in there. I'm staying the fuck away from that thread until I catch up, I'm like 6 episodes behind. Doesn't sound like I should hurry back though.

Nobody said anything like that in the thread. I'm completely blowing it out of proportion, and over-exaggerating. However, it is a long stinking, festering wound in my soul, and I can't fucking stand it. I hate that shit. Nobody has been too egregious about it in the GOT thread, but it's just me letting it out on general principle. Fuck books getting adapted into film or TV.

Fuck that shit.

And now that that's over, how was everyone's Friday night? I haven't gone back in the thread, but hopefully you guys didn't all hang out in here last night when it was a beautiful May Friday night in the world.

Based on seasons 1 and 2, me being a huge fucking fan of those books, I've been quite pleased with the adaptations. They added a lot to Robb's character to actually make him someone I give a damn about, and I appreciate that. Generally, I've enjoyed the changes, except for like one thing and I don't remember what it was now.

And now that that's over, how was everyone's Friday night? I haven't gone back in the thread, but hopefully you guys didn't all hang out in here last night when it was a beautiful May Friday night in the world.

You live in the same general area I do...I thought it was going to snow last night.

They are doing a great job with GOT. So far at least.

Now, Harry Potter on the other hand. They ruined the whole story. I'm still secretly hoping they'll redo the whole thing someday.

You live in the same general area I do...I thought it was going to snow last night.

Yeah, I had my winter coat on last night.

Still had a blast. I argued with two great friends for an hour about how good of a coach Tom Crean is. No bullshit. They were ragging him, as they should, being Illinois boys, but I had Crean's back.

I think Crean is awesome.

Just read the last couple of pages.

1. Surfer Blood dude is a total creep and I'll never willingly listen to another second of their music
2. Zooey is beautiful, and funny, and talented, and she has Taylor on her show next week, and if you want to talk shit about her you can come talk to me about it. She doesn't have bangs (and is fucking blonde) in Elf, and it's probably my favorite thing she's ever done.

Now, Harry Potter on the other hand. They ruined the whole story. I'm still secretly hoping they'll redo the whole thing someday.

Tell me about it. I loved the actors almost all over, but the stories were a joke.

Still, it was a fun franchise generally.

Don't get me started on the Little House books vs. that abomination that Michael Landon went straight to Hell for.

You can't stop him, dude's on the highway to heaven.

Brutalist Bricks was 2010, right? Yeah, it's definitely time for some more music.

I loved Roky's project with Okkervil River and, of course, 13th Floor Elevators. He's a batshit crazy motherfucker. Can't wait.

Lily Allen, my favorite female English solo pop artist of all-time, had a hit song in the UK called "Fuck You".

Great tune.

There were two earlier, working titles for the track that she posted on her site before the official release. The original titles were "G.W.B." and "Guess Who Batman"

Hahahah, not hard to guess, Lily. You wrote a hit song about George W. Bush where the chorus goes "Fuck you, fuck you very much"

Never change, Lil. And put out another album, please.

Is there a bunch of "the books were better than the movies" bullshit going on in here?

Regarding EYKIW threads, since when did Window in the Skies become "Beatlesque"?

It's big and bright and happy and shiny, there are "ohhhh ahhhh" vocals and harmonies, and some pulsing strings? I guess that equals Beatles for some people. Don't think there's a problem with that connection, honestly.

It was also recorded at Abbey Road.

Back
Top Bottom