Random Movie Talk XIII: In Which I Cannot Come Up With a Relevant or Witty Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't really afford to buy new Blu releases.

But nice work unceremoniously bumping Godard to the LS archives.

I feel you there, honestly. I'll be picking up the Shutter Island blu for the ladyfriend's birthday this week. I also have Kino's new Happy Together blu coming in the mail, which I'm ridiculously excited for. Have my eyes on the Red Desert Criterion too, but can't afford that right now.

And you're welcome.

I'm in an odd spot where I can and cannot afford them at the same time, if that makes sense. I've been trying to be smarter about buying them lately, especially if I am just looking to replace old favorites. Shutter Island will likely have to wait.

You can say that again.

I'm guessing the one on the left because she gots de harujuku hair?

launch-dropoutdjs-3.jpg

Also while I'm embracing my unwavering nerdiness, I'm about to start two anime series for the first time - Ergo Proxy and Casshern Sins, both of which seem very promising.

Can't really afford to buy new Blu releases.

But nice work unceremoniously bumping Godard to the LS archives.

Same here.

Pierrot le Fou was a tough film to gauge, because yes, it was overwhelmingly stylish and vapid, but I was entranced by it. I'm still unsure how I feel about it, though the scene I posted I'm in love with.

Antonioni's Blow-Up was much more to my speed; I love me some devastating psychological breakdowns.

I expected Brodyquest to have a much warmer reception.

I liked it alright, too.

Zabriskie Point and Red Desert are on the DVD pipeline.

THERE'S A BIG OCEAN OF ITALIAN CINEMA UNDERNEATH MY FEET.

I'd be dismayed at the inclusion of Jamie Foxx if it weren't for his character's name.

If there's a good first week price on SI this week I'll pick it up, if not I'll wait it out as I usually do nowadays, I've got plenty of other stuff to watch in between, like reliving The Wire which I just snagged for $54.

If there's a good first week price on SI this week I'll pick it up, if not I'll wait it out as I usually do nowadays, I've got plenty of other stuff to watch in between, like reliving The Wire which I just snagged for $54.

You got the whole fucking series for $54? Good god that's a steal.

Nice.

My marathon viewing of the series will hopefully start sometime soon.

That's awesome.

I own all 5 but paid a hell of a lot more than that, certainly.

I was always behind when it was on the air, so I ended up just borrowing or watching it on Demand, then I had to convince myself to wait for the price of the complete set to drop, I never expected to be able to get it for that little though. I also completed my Six Feet Under collection this week because Best Buy has each season for $20 right now.

I was always behind when it was on the air, so I ended up just borrowing or watching it on Demand, then I had to convince myself to wait for the price of the complete set to drop, I never expected to be able to get it for that little though. I also completed my Six Feet Under collection this week because Best Buy has each season for $20 right now.

I got in on the show late, I must admit. I started watching Season 1 on DVD while Season 4 was being televised. I assumed I'd like it so I DVR'd 4 as I watched 1-3. I binged and caught up quickly, maybe mid-season. Then Season 4 ended and I was kind of like "what the hell do I do with myself now??", such was the show's impact on me.

Basterd, get on it.

I've been a fan of Simon for a long time because of Homicide, but never had HBO until a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom