Random Movie Talk XII: A Locker Full of Hurtin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened:

fat-val-kilmer.jpg

Top Gun 2: The Iceman Creepeth

Knight & Day looks fun, and based on the trailer, the action sequences look interesting and well-staged. Bourne-level acrobatics with a steady camera? I'm sold.

Too bad I can't stand Cameron Diaz outside of Being John Malkovich, The Mask and There's Something About Mary.

And I was just dealt a devastating blow, though I've been in denial for a few weeks now. The $1 theater I used to go to has closed :(. There goes my summer of blockbusters.

And I was just dealt a devastating blow, though I've been in denial for a few weeks now. The $1 theater I used to go to has closed :(. There goes my summer of blockbusters.

Does your school have a second-run theater on campus?

No, and even if it did, I'm graduation bi-atch!

They do show a free newer film every couple of weeks though. Next week? Brothers.

Yeah, that's how the theater here rolls, though we get at least 3 films a week, 4 at the most if there's a midnight pick that week.

This week:
Monday - Fight Club for a Multicultural Film Class
Tuesday/Wednesday - An Education (Alt Cinema)
Thursday/Friday/Saturday - It's Complicated (Blockbuster)
Friday - Clerks (Midnight)

Knight & Day looks fun, and based on the trailer, the action sequences look interesting and well-staged. Bourne-level acrobatics with a steady camera? I'm sold.

Funny, I think it looks like the least-interesting choice Cruise has made in quite some time, and for a director that's far from the A-List guys he normally collaborates with. A generic action-romance-comedy? Sounds like image rehabilitation to me.

Personally I was kind of disappointed Cruise chose Knight & Day over some other more interesting prospects, but with these 2 trailers it does like a hell of a lot of fun, and I think he does need that to get people back on his side, hopefully post M:I 4 we'll get some more weighty roles from him, because he can act. That said, this second K&D trailer shows there's a stranger side to his role than we knew about in the teaser.

Funny, I think it looks like the least-interesting choice Cruise has made in quite some time, and for a director that's far from the A-List guys he normally collaborates with. A generic action-romance-comedy? Sounds like image rehabilitation to me.

Could be. Did you expect another Eyes Wide Shut from him anytime soon though?

If the rumors of Brad Bird directing MI:4 prove to be true, it might actually get him back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom