Random Movie Talk Twelve (no, not that horrid Schumacher movie)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on Criterion's facebook posts, they are about to announce the release of The Three Colors Trilogy. Really looking forward to that in Blu.

I'm going to start talking like this instead of the pedestrian "My friends and I watched a movie at my place"

I wasn't trying to sound fancy, but I've been hosting screenings every week for about 3 years now. Built a big screen in my backyard for it, got a popcorn machine...the works.

We usually have btw 5-10 people show up, but a couple weeks ago I got over 20 to see an obscure French film, so that was kind of cool.

I wasn't trying to sound fancy, but I've been hosting screenings every week for about 3 years now. Built a big screen in my backyard for it, got a popcorn machine...the works.

We usually have btw 5-10 people show up, but a couple weeks ago I got over 20 to see an obscure French film, so that was kind of cool.

I'm just busting your balls. That does sound really cool though

Maybe this is blasphemy, but I doubt I'd make upgrading my Criterion of Rules a priority. The DVD set is fantastic already, and while I love Renoir's direction, the photography isn't something I'm dying to see in hi-def.

The Kieslowski set, OOTH, is a no-brainer. Must have. And that Jean Vigo set, too (if you want to call a single disc with one feature and three shorter films a "set").

Agree entirely on both counts. Really excited for the Vigo set, and looking forward to seeing how the transfers for the Kieslowski's shape up. Would have loved for them to grab up some of his older films though, or even The Decalogue. Hawww...

I think that video was a little short for me to quite grasp what was going on, but I'm looking more into it now. It SEEMED cool.

A Rushmore Blu upgrade is gonna be announced on Monday as well. In other news, I forgot about how much of a wasteland Criterion's FB page is.

Reeve Carney just nabbed the role of James Franco's lifetime, he'll be playing Jeff Buckley.

Wow, good for him. I like Reeve.

Hopefully he does a great job with the role so that he isn't known for the rest of his career as the dumbass who played Peter Parker in U2's Spiderman on Broadway embarrassment.

65_BD_box_348x490.jpg

216_BD_box_348x490.jpg

587_BD_box_348x490.jpg

588_box_348x490.jpg

589_box_348x490.jpg

590_box_348x490.jpg

591_BD_box_348x490.jpg

261_BD_box_348x490.jpg

Sabu_3D_slipcase.png

The Rules of the Game and 12 Angry Men covers are gorgeous. Three Colors... not so much.

Sabu!

Announced yesterday:

49th NYFF: Main Slate

4:44: Last Day On Earth, directed by Abel Ferrara (USA)
A Separation, directed by Asghar Farhadi (Iran)
Corpo Celeste, directed by Alice Rohrwacher (Italy/Switzerland/France)
Footnote, directed by Joseph Cedar (Israel)
George Harrison: Living In The Material World, directed by Martin Scorsese (USA)
Goodbye First Love, directed by Mia Hansen-Løve (France/Germany)
Le Havre, directed by Aki Kaurismäki (Finland/France/Germany)
Martha Marcy May Marlene, directed by Sean Durkin (USA)
Melancholia, directed by Lars von Trier (Denmark/Sweden/France/Germany/Italy)
Miss Bala, directed by Gerardo Naranjo (Mexico)
Once Upon A Time In Anatolia, directed by Nuri Bilge Ceylan (Turkey)
Pina, directed by Wim Wenders (Germany/France/UK)
Play, directed by Ruben Östlund (Sweden/France/Denmark)
Policeman, directed by Nadav Lapid (Israel/France)
Shame, directed by Steve McQueen (UK)
Sleeping Sickness, directed by Ulrich Köhler (Germany/France/Netherlands)
The Artist, directed by Michel Hazanavicius (France)
The Loneliest Planet, directed by Julia Loktev (USA/Germany)
The Kid With A Bike, directed by Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne (Belgium/France)
The Student, directed by Santiago Mitre (Argentina)
The Turin Horse, directed by Béla Tarr and Agnes Hranitzky (Hungary/France/Germany/Switzerland/USA)
This Is Not A Film, directed by Jafar Panahi and Mojtaba Mirtahmasb (Iran)

Opening Night:
Carnage, directed by Roman Polanski (France/Germany/Poland)

Closing Night:
The Descendants, directed by Alexander Payne (USA)

Centerpiece:
My Week With Marilyn, directed by Simon Curtis (UK)

Gala Screenings:
A Dangerous Method, directed by David Cronenberg (UK/Canada/Germany)
The Skin I Live In, directed by Pedro Almodóvar (Spain)

Cinephile pass: 180 dollars for 10 films. I think I may need to be selective and pick 3 or 4...

Lance, are you planning on attending?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom