Random Movie Talk thirteen (Nikki Reed was pretty hot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no... I think it's fantastic. It just wan't my favorite film of the year (or top 3 or 4 even), or necessarily one of my favorite Ruiz films, which was my only point. It's still remarkable.

I saw a trailer for Samsara earlier this year, and it looked like something I definitely wanted to see. Looks like it's playing at the Cinerama starting next weekend ... I might have to go.

I like to look at stunningly gorgeous images of nature and people and junk. :up:

Holy fucking shit Tony Scott jumped off a fucking bridge today and killed himself.

Marathon tomorrow.

he seemed to be having decent business / professional success

but he was recently divorced after 14 years

edit to add

I always liked that bridge, the best one in the L A area.

For those of you who are unaware, I'm currently in production on my first feature film.

Inspired by the works of French New Wave director Jacques Rivette, the film was written with my two lead actresses, who created their own characters.

Here's some screencaps from a big shoot we did last weekend (not color-corrected, obv):

18.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

14.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

21.jpg

7.jpg

11-1.jpg

That's awesome Laz. The Rivette influence is obvious even in those early caps. Super impressive.

I'm assuming you'll let us know when it's finished/available one way or another via distribution, be it independent, online or whatever?

he seemed to be having decent business / professional success

but he was recently divorced after 14 years

edit to add

I always liked that bridge, the best one in the L A area.

he may not have been divorced, but there reports are that he had inoperable brain cancer.
if that is the case, it is a better reason. perhaps with more time we can learn the reason he made this choice.

I believe it has now been debunked that he had cancer. Very tragic case. True Romance and Crimson Tide are two of my favorites. He seemed to have it all, but ofc depression can strike anyone. One of the worst things about suicide is that the family are left blaming themselves for not spotting the "warning signs" (even if there were none to find).

The screencaps really look great, Laz. I would love to see the whole thing when it's out, please keep us posted.

I think it looks pretty boring, laz.

Don't really have any interest in seeing the finished product.

Thanks, though.

Laz shoehorned himself into the film a la M Night Shyamalan:

[On a shipping dock in Portugal]

A group of sailors is attempting to export prostitutes to the New World.

The problem? Their fleet is diminutive. There's simply no room left to store more prostitutes.

In the shadows, Laz Pan stabs the captain of the vessel. He's not ready for this responsibility. It would be irresponsible to let him live.

Emerging from the darkness, he takes one final look at the sorry situation. He vomits.

Regaining composure, Laz Pan (shuttle)cocks an eyebrow and delivers the immortal line:

"I think you'll need a bigger boat."

Soon, the sailors are on board the SS Handlebar with a competent captain. Upon arriving at Plymouth, he disappears into the fog.

It was all a dream...or was it?

Four hours of a nude Emmanuelle Beart in peak form may not be representative of the director's work, but it sure ain't a bad way to start.

Laz shoehorned himself into the film a la M Night Shyamalan:

[On a shipping dock in Portugal]

A group of sailors is attempting to export prostitutes to the New World.

The problem? Their fleet is diminutive. There's simply no room left to store more prostitutes.

In the shadows, Laz Pan stabs the captain of the vessel. He's not ready for this responsibility. It would be irresponsible to let him live.

Emerging from the darkness, he takes one final look at the sorry situation. He vomits.

Regaining composure, Laz Pan (shuttle)cocks an eyebrow and delivers the immortal line:

"I think you'll need a bigger boat."

Soon, the sailors are on board the SS Handlebar with a competent captain. Upon arriving at Plymouth, he disappears into the fog.

It was all a dream...or was it?

This sounds like a Raùl Ruiz film. Which would be a flattering comparison.

Ironically, one of my leads is playing a prostitute. To put herself through college, of course.

I was going to ask the same question as NSW. I see Ruiz's filmography comprised of nearly 90 feature films and a billion shorts with no true consensus favorite and my eyes cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom