Random Movie Talk IX: Insurrection? More Like Insur-SUCK-tion, Amirite???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
black_swan_poster.jpg

Nice reference Laz. And fuck yeah to more Aronofsky. Though I must say I'm surprised to see some of it filmed ala The Wrestler with Libatique coming back as DP for Darren again. Anyway, decidedly fucked up, and so not commercial... and definitely not Aronofsky's vehicle to mainstream American accolades, but who cares about that.

It's always nice to know there are many more pathetic levels of geek than what one resides at.

Ghostbusters forum? For two films?

Please don't dismiss the fact that on said Ghostbusters' forum, they're discussing the canonization of a Star Wars book.

Yeah, probably. I'm really digging some of the psychological/supernatural/psychosexual stuff in there. Aronofsky's visual talents seem to be improving too.

It looks like David Cronenberg remade The Red Shoes after watching Inland Empire a dozen times... and shot it with something better than a fucking Handicam.

I'm feeling The Red Shoes AND Black Narcissus, personally.

Speaking of which, you see Blimp yet, punk? We want those rankings.

Yeah, good call on Narcissus. I haven't had the chance, settling into my apartment back up at school the last couple of days and all, but it will be watched/disseminated/ranked.

Is it ever possible to mention Inland Empire without shitting on the video quality? You damn resolution elitists. What next, won't be able to watch stuff shot on 16 mm either without bitching and moaning? Tsk tsk. :tsk:

Blimp is on instant still I think. I should find the time for it myself. A lot else on my plate ahead of it though. Gotta see Tales of Hoffman too at some point still.

More BIG Black Swan caps

Picture2-18.png

Picture3-13.png

Picture9-10.png

Picture8-11.png

Picture5-13.png

Picture7-12.png

Picture10-8.png

Picture6-11.png

Picture4-14.png

I must say I really wish more mid/high-profile filmmakers would work in 16mm. Such a beautiful format.

It's just that frame, and it's only maybe a couple frames in the trailer of her in the swan make-up, and then it vanishes and she's make-up-less (theatrical make-up anyway) for the rest of what we see of her in the club. Very cool.

My god that is hot.

Absolutely agree. She's the best. Black Swan looks really great regardless of that.

Side note: am I the only one that thinks Mila Kunis' obnoxious voice keeps her from being a top tier hottest chica?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom