Random Crack Music Talk XC: The Infatuation Of Yeezus' Yayo By The Blowhard Rob Ford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to come in here all braggy and excited because Travis told me last month that his uncle moved to Indio, so we'd actually have somewhere to stay if we went, but now he's telling me that his uncle decided he didn't like Indio and moved away, so I"m right back to Coachella square one :(

There's a play button on the page, at the top, it streams through the page, does that work for you?

I was about to come in here all braggy and excited because Travis told me last month that his uncle moved to Indio, so we'd actually have somewhere to stay if we went, but now he's telling me that his uncle decided he didn't like Indio and moved away, so I"m right back to Coachella square one :(

I can understand not wanting to live in Indio. But yeah that's a bummer. Camping isn't very expensive as they charge by car. Personally though, it's usually too damn hot to camp and last year there was that wind storm, so hotels/condos are probably the best options.

There's a play button on the page, at the top, it streams through the page, does that work for you?

The first page that comes up with the list of all the thread replies, or the specific page for that thread reply with the mp3 attachment?

Neither is showing a play button.

Stuck my head in the "Ordinary Love" thread. I can't believe that people are bitching about the "lifeless" production base on a cell phone recording from a crowded movie theater. :doh:

Yes I can.

The developments in that thread have seriously made my day.

Forgive me for being pessimistic, but is it going to surprise anyone if a U2 song for a fucking Mandela movie turns out to be colossally lame? Lifeless production isn't a stretch.

Forgive me for being pessimistic, but is it going to surprise anyone if a U2 song for a fucking Mandela movie turns out to be colossally lame?

The clip from the trailer sounded colossally lame to me.

It's actually a pretty good recording, for what it is.

And again, I kinda like the song, but...I'm not going to go all in and say it's great or anything.

Agreed. I'm betting that the middle part that's really hard to hear will make or break the song for me.

Otherwise, I don't think it's anything great, but not awful either.

96rs1.jpg

:drool:

At first I thought there was a superfluous hand in that photo.

I listened to the cell phone recording last night. I like the chorus. Don't remember much about the verses or the rest of the structure. Looking forward to hearing the official version.

I would think this has a good chance of getting an Oscar nomination, if only because it's The 2. And it's definitely not an offensive tune.

Finally listened to it. I'll say this: at least it has some energy, unlike The Cocks That Split America.

But the over-reliance on the piano is disappointing; would have liked this a lot better if an electric guitar took over halfway thru.

Why did I go back into The Other Place? WHY??

From now on I'm referring to it as The Abyss. When you gaze into it too long, it gazes into you.

I've always liked you MadFerIt.

I think regular tickets go on sale in January (my early bird payment plan ticket is finally paid off next month). My understanding of Coachella is that there are designated areas for you to buy/enjoy a drink within the venue itself, but you can't walk around with a beer all over the place. I'd imagine you can bring whatever you want to your campsite though. At Bonnaroo, we were allowed two cases per person and I believe one handle, but you couldn't take anything into Centeroo.

Ah I see. Do you go to Coachella? Or do the 15 music festivals a month in Austin tide you over?

cobbo in a donko onesie might get me to seriously think about going

:up:

Why did I go back into The Other Place? WHY??

From now on I'm referring to it as The Abyss. When you gaze into it too long, it gazes into you.

I loved Nick attacking me every time I called it a cesspool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom