Ramones: End of the Century

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
OMG! I loved this movie!!

We finally went to see it last night, and even the chatty "punks" behind us, who fucking talked during the music :rolleyes: couldn't ruin it!

It's all about the personal history of the band. It was a lot like Monte's book that describes life on the road with The Ramones. The movie is a clear-eyed account of just how fucked up they were as people and yet they still managed to make awesome, ground-breaking, influential music.

And the performance films are incredible!! They made me nostalgic for the times I went to see the band. That first time, 1980, it was at the Palladium. The floor was slippery from I don't know what, and my friend started to fall. I grabbed her and got her upright, just in time becuase the crowd was going nuts as you can imagine. We'd left school early that day to go hang out in Hollywood. On the way up on the radio (God bless KROQ) we heard that they were doing an in-store appearance at the Music+ store on Sunset and Vine, right by the Palladium. We got in line to get their autographs. The punks in line through the store were stealing lps and taking off the shrink wrap, having the guys sign the records and walking out of the store with them! :ohmy: We were only 18 and good girls, so we were a little out of our league there. When we got to the Palladium, we got in line. Ahead of us in line was a guy with a few safety pins through parts of him. He was quietly reading Goethe. :shifty: I'll never forget that!

The concert was incredible. I loved every loud second of it. Even now, when I get to go to the Palladium for tattoo shows, I think back on that first Ramones concert.

So, this movie will be in limited release around the States. If it comes anywhere near you, go see it! If you like The Ramones, or even if you just want to learn about an important time in modern music, go see it.

I did wager that I was the only one in the audience who had seen both The Ramones and ELP, who were shown in a brief clip.

Back
Top Bottom