Ramdooom-a-llama-ding-don - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #226
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:10 AM
I tried to leave some leftovers at the restaurant tonight, but someone had my back. I ran back in to get it...and on the way out I saw the first group of Pats fans.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:56 AM   #227
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:10 AM
I will be home to watch some of the Bears/Saints game but I will be uno, dos, catorce-ing at work for the Colts/Patriots

Old 01-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #228
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
I tried to leave some leftovers at the restaurant tonight, but someone had my back. I ran back in to get it...and on the way out I saw the first group of Pats fans.
Did you and roomie manage to get tickets to the game?

Teddy Bruschi has the flu . However, I'm rooting for the Colts and the Saints.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #229
ONE
love, blood, life

Hey, is it a rule that it must snow any day that I have inventory? I missed that memo
Old 01-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #230
ONE
love, blood, life

radio dj who is rooting for the Saints:
"I am going to be at Southridge Mall throwing beads into the crowd hoping to see.............................um.........."
I swear that you could hear that smiley in his voice.
could be an interesting afternoon at work
Old 01-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #231
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

Did you and roomie manage to get tickets to the game?

Teddy Bruschi has the flu . However, I'm rooting for the Colts and the Saints.
Bruschi!! He's gotta be okay!!

We didn't get tickets and it snowed three inches last night (way to bring the SnowBowl to the midwest, Pats! Too bad you're playing in a dome today), so we are going to enjoy a little football party with ourselves here at home. We'll see it better here than we would there, anyway. And I can wear my Tom Brady jersey without getting my ass kicked.

Colts and Saints would be a good game, and everyone is saying the Pats going again would be a total yawner. Roomie keeps telling me it's like the Yankees winning the World Series "every week." But I still want the Pats to go!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #232
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I would never count New England out as long as Mr. Brady is at the helm. The guy is just a winner. They had no business beating San Diego last week and yet somehow Brady led them down the field when he needed to.

I'm rooting for the Pats sort of. Simply because Brady is a Michigan alum. He is also a super nice down to earth person (I met him while he was at Michigan) I think Manning probably deserves to get there at some point though and this is his best shot. So if the Colts go I would be alright with that also.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #233
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Stephen Colbert's guide to trash talking for the playoffs today:

Old 01-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #234
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Well....car update.....the engine totally blew thus it would cost a bundle....HUGE bundle to replace the engine so I am now in the process of trying to get a new car which I am not happy about.

The location that I am working at for Job 2 is closing due to the company's decision not renew the lease because they raised the rent so high that there is no way they would make any profit. We found out yesterday that the rent for that mall is way higher than the more elite shopping destination in town. The rent for our little store now would be more than what the rent at the other area is for a Gap/GapKids/BabyGap combo store.

So in essence.....my social life is about to be over if I can't transfer to one of the other locations or I find a new job 2.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:05 PM   #235
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
Well....car update.....the engine totally blew thus it would cost a bundle....HUGE bundle to replace the engine so I am now in the process of trying to get a new car which I am not happy about.

The location that I am working at for Job 2 is closing due to the company's decision not renew the lease because they raised the rent so high that there is no way they would make any profit. We found out yesterday that the rent for that mall is way higher than the more elite shopping destination in town. The rent for our little store now would be more than what the rent at the other area is for a Gap/GapKids/BabyGap combo store.

So in essence.....my social life is about to be over if I can't transfer to one of the other locations or I find a new job 2.
Oh no, that all sucks. Your little car is so cute, and we had so many road trip memories.

I think any other Job 2 location would be happy to have you, though. It's a hard time to transfer, but I know Gap does everything it can to retain employees when a location closes. Half of the people I worked with in at my original store, managers AND sales associates, were transplants from a mall store that closed just after the previous Christmas. The other nearby mall took a bunch of them on as well. Job 2 should do the same.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:20 PM   #236
Blue Crack Addict

I am ready for some football. Got my Brady jersey on, got a fresh bag of Trader Joe's Guacamole Corn Chips ( !!!) and some salsa ready to go, got my phone so I can send angsty/excited text messages to my brother, and the Bears/Saints are on right now.

See roomie's journal for some pictures of Indy all decked out for the excitement.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #237
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Wow, sorry to hear that. Buying a new car when you are not planning on it is a stressful one. I sort of had the same thing in December. I hope it all works out with your Job #2. Good luck! I'm sure everything will work out OK.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #238
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
See roomie's journal for some pictures of Indy all decked out for the excitement.
Nice pictures. Looking at the last line of your "roomie's" entry. I didnt know he was a Michigan fan??!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:48 PM   #239
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Wow..................

That is quite the one, two punch. Hope the forced situation car shopping goes smoothly.
Our mall is like that too. Mall owner keeps raising rents and stores keep moving out
Mall owner is now in financial trouble (gee, I wonder why) and now our mall is up for sale. Maybe someone who will take the time and effort to get new stores and work with the old ones, will buy the mall.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #240
ONE
love, blood, life

It has stopped snowing and is now doing some rapid slushing........I swear, it looks like slush falling from the sky
That should freeze beautifully