"radiohead's next album" countdown and anticipation thread - part ii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If any band deserves bashing in this thread, it's Radiohead, which would at least be on topic. :rolleyes:

Besides, they haven't made a good album since Kid A, so I think they would deserve it. :shrug:

I never really noticed the slight similarity between "Karma Police" and "Sexy Sadie" until LMP mentioned it in one of the Best Beatles Survivor threads. :up:

And, I actually really like HTDAAB, except for Miracle Drug and Original of the Species. I think the rest is pretty damn good, maybe not great, but definitely good and fun. :up: :up:

LemonMelon said:
If any band deserves bashing in this thread, it's Radiohead, which would at least be on topic. :rolleyes:

Besides, they haven't made a good album since Kid A, so I think they would deserve it. :shrug:

funny_new_18.gif

we've bashed radiohead before:huh:

FitzChivalry said:
I never really noticed the slight similarity between "Karma Police" and "Sexy Sadie" until LMP mentioned it in one of the Best Beatles Survivor threads. :up:

And, I actually really like HTDAAB, except for Miracle Drug and Original of the Species. I think the rest is pretty damn good, maybe not great, but definitely good and fun. :up: :up:

and creep is a rip off The Hollies

"The Air that I breathe"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vZMA5oRzMj0

Radiohead:tsk:

FitzChivalry said:
Well, I would argue that Amnesiac and HTTT are good albums, but just not great ones, like Bends, OK, and Kid.

I agree. Although some days I can reeeeally enjoy Amnesiac. :drool:

I actually like Pablo Honey for the most part but it is definitely last for me in the album ranking.

pyramid song
you and whose army
i might be wrong
knives out
hunting bears
like spinning plates
life in a glasshouse

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Pablo Honey has You and Blow Out and those two are among Radiohead's best rock songs. Lurgee and Thinking About You are also good. Never cared about Creep, the rest of the album is mostly crap.

Amnesiac is sometimes really hard to listen to, although, without a doubt, You and Whose Army?, Pyramid Song and Like Spinning Plates (live) are masterpieces.

OMG The Bends!!!!

I love The Bends! OMG!

As awesome as OK Computer is, it cannot compare to The Bends!

Did I mention I abso freakin lutely love the Bends???!!!111

:combust:

djerdap said:
Pablo Honey has You and Blow Out and those two are among Radiohead's best rock songs. Lurgee and Thinking About You are also good.

:yes: Those are the best songs! But I would include Stop Whispering and Creep (despite radio overplay).

Zootlesque said:

As awesome as OK Computer is, it cannot compare to The Bends!

The Bends is great, but it's a pretty average 90's alterna-rock album compared to OK Computer, which is perfect in every way possible.

Bends needs to be cranked up loud to be truly appreciated. OK Computer could be played through a 3-inch Gameboy speaker at the bottom of the ocean and still be better than the Bends. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
The Bends is great, but it's a pretty average 90's alterna-rock album

What???!!!
What???!!!
What???!!!
What???!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

You can never convince me that The Bends is average. I think you're talking about Pablo Honey being the average alterna rock album of the 90s. :wink:

For me, on the Bends every song is fucking gold! Every fucking song. Whereas on OK Comp, I like Fitter Happier & Climbing Up The Walls a little less than the other songs. :shrug:

LemonMelon said:

The Bends is great, but it's a pretty average 90's alterna-rock album compared to OK Computer, which is perfect in every way possible.

one of the most malicious posts eva :shame:

the bends is awesome

some days I like it better than OKC

I'm not saying it's average in terms of songwriting, it just isn't really innovative or anything. :shrug:

OKC > Kid A > The Bends

xaviMF22 said:

I understand

Zooropa is U2's best album

Well, I do like Achtung Baby more than Zooropa :wink: (although Zooropa is up there too :drool: ) and more than almost any album in the world. But with The Bends it comes reeeeeeeal close. :crazy:

Zootlesque said:

Well, I do like Achtung Baby more than Zooropa :wink: (although Zooropa is up there too :drool: ) and more than almost any album in the world. But with The Bends it comes reeeeeeeal close. :crazy:

yes the bends is that awesome :drool: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom