"radiohead's next album" countdown and anticipation thread - part ii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to focus on your patients, doc :shame:

anyway, exit music is a fantastic piece of music...:drool:

what's it about?

suicide?

or just escape from an abusive father?

U2Man said:
you have to focus on your patients, doc :shame:

anyway, exit music is a fantastic piece of music...:drool:

what's it about?

suicide?

or just escape from an abusive father?

Romeo and Juliet...plain and simple

xaviMF22 said:

Romeo and Juliet...plain and simple

nothing is simple with thom...

we hope that you choke?

now we are one, in everlasting peace?

U2Man said:

nothing is simple with thom...

we hope that you choke?

now we are one, in everlasting peace?

well the song was written for the movie...:wink:

everlasting peace = both of them are dead and can live in peace

hope that you choke = hoping their parents die for ruining their lives

I mean you could interpret this song any way you like...I was just saying Romeo and Juliet
because the song was written about a specific scene in the film..:nerd:

i know it was, but it's far from the usual romeo & juliet story.

is it about a young loving couple escaping abusive parents, then committing suicide because they weren't able to cope with the psychological implications of the abuse?

U2Man said:
i know it was, but it's far from the usual romeo & juliet story.

is it about a young loving couple escaping abusive parents, then committing suicide because they weren't able to cope with the psychological implications of the abuse?

I say escaping because their parents didn't approve of their relationship..

when they weren't able they committed suicide..

U2Man said:

imagine listening to okc, the bends, kid a for the first time again? :heart:

Damn, I know. Especially OKC.

To be honest, the Bends and especially Kid A (which I hated), did nothing for me on first listen. Bends was merely good, and outside of a couple of songs, I couldn't stand Kid A. I love both now, but those first listens were rough.

I wish the same thing would happen for Amnesiac and HTTT, but they just haven't. :shrug:

I think about that all the time. I wish I could listen to Kid A for the first time again. Really, it's just because I don't remember the first time I listened to Kid A. I guess it was awesome though, but I don't remember. But oh, to be able to do that again. :drool:

And is it weird that Treefingers if one of my favorite tracks on Kid A...if not my favorite?

I fucking love it. I think it's that one track secifically that "defines" the album sonically. It's fucking gorgeous.

Lancemc said:
And is it weird that Treefingers if one of my favorite tracks on Kid A...if not my favorite?

I fucking love it. I think it's that one track secifically that "defines" the album sonically. It's fucking gorgeous.

I would put it somewhere in the middle of the pack for me. It's nothing if not a creative track, and it certainly works better than some give it credit for. I really like it. :up:

Just for good measure:

moyenkida.gif

kidA_RIP.jpg

LemonMelon said:

I would put it somewhere in the middle of the pack for me. It's nothing if not a creative track, and it certainly works better than some give it credit for. I really like it. :up:

It's probably their nod to Late '70s Bowie. :up:

Low :drool:

Lancemc said:
I think about that all the time. I wish I could listen to Kid A for the first time again. Really, it's just because I don't remember the first time I listened to Kid A. I guess it was awesome though, but I don't remember. But oh, to be able to do that again. :drool:

I remember being confounded by it upon the first few listens. The only thing that brought me back was How to Disappear Completely, which struck me as agonizingly beautiful from the first time that I heard it. After about five times through the whole album, I came to see it as a work of genius. It is, however, very much a difficult album; in terms of sheer inaccessibility, it is perhaps surpassed only by the Final Cut, as far as albums that I have heard go. Both, however, are extremely rewarding, if one only devotes the attention to them that they deserve.

LemonMelon said:
Wow, Utoo is about to be introduced to some awesome Radiohead. Bends can melt faces. :drool:

On 'High and Dry' right now for the first time.

:drool:

High And Dry was like Radiohead doing U2 almost, with the falsettos in the chorus and everything! It's funny how far away from U2 they have drifted now.

Zootlesque said:
High And Dry was like Radiohead doing U2 almost, with the falsettos in the chorus and everything! It's funny how far away from U2 they have drifted now.

I don't hear it :shrug:

I remember I bought Pablo Honey when it came out, but was less than impressed and sort of chucked it to the side after a few listens.

Then I remember my friend and I driving in my car. We were talking about one-hit wonder bands and he mentioned he thought Radiohead and "Creep" seemed to have fallen into that category since we hadn't heard anything by them in a couple years. Not even 10 minutes later the radio station KROQ "world premiered" 'My Iron Lung' and we were both BLOWN away and I was laughing at him for his "dated" one-hit wonder proclamation.

As much as I liked The Bends, and especially 'Sulk', I still only listened to a few songs and rarely the entire album all the way through.

A few years later, while on a trip to San Francisco, I was in a record shop around Haight & Ashbury, and I saw a giant OK Computer poster on the wall, and I remember thinking, Oh, I didn't know Radiohead has another album. So I bought it, brought it home and :combust:

'No Suprises'. :ohmy:

'No Suprises'. That's the song that did it for me. I had never heard anything quite like it and I was just spellbound. And then I fell in love with the rest of OK Computer. And then I went back and truly discovered The Bends and fell in love with that WHOLE album.

And then there was no looking back. I've been a goner ever since.

(Though, there's still only a handful of tracks off Pablo Honey that I ever listen to. I've still never fallen in love with that album. But the ones that are good 'Blow Out', 'Lurgee', 'Been Thinking About You', 'Stop Whispering' are just :drool: :drool: great!)

Last edited:
Utoo said:
"Just"

a little Beatles in there? :hmm:

:scratch:

anyway one of the best of the Bends

and the video is :drool:

if you get a chance to see the video..do so

its one of the best videos of the 90's :drool: :drool:

FitzChivalry said:

"Just" video is awesome!

But I also really love the "Street Spirit" video. :drool: :drool: