"radiohead's next album" countdown and anticipation thread - part ii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
xaviMF22 said:

right :wink:

there is no way it will be released August 6:p

I say October/November.....like kid a :drool:

what happened to your 2008-projection?

no one will believe someone who keeps changing his predictions all the time.

stay firm. august 6. bitches.

U2Man said:

what happened to your 2008-projection?

no one will believe someone who keeps changing his predictions all the time.

stay firm. august 6. bitches.

ok

late 2007 or early 2008..thats my prediction :wink:

some pics from DAS

:wink:

thompiano.jpg

whichway.jpg

jonnycolour.jpg

jonnyblackwhite.jpg

xaviMF22 said:

whats so boring about it ?

it has some of RH best songs....:huh:

The Bends was OK for the the first few listens, but when I heard how good some of the b-sides were from those sessions, the album is just so underwhelming, I don't like the track order as well.

Has some decent songs (Bones, Bends, Street Spirit) but the rest is mediocre.

I prefer all songs from OKC and KID A ('cept Treefingers) over anything Bends has to offer.

Bends tarnishes my appreciation for Radiohead, and with the critical acclaim that that 2-star effort recieves, I have no desire to even listen to Pablo Honey.

I wish OKC was RH's debut....

intedomine said:

The Bends was OK for the the first few listens, but when I heard how good some of the b-sides were from those sessions, the album is just so underwhelming, I don't like the track order as well.

I prefer all songs from OKC and KID A ('cept Treefingers) over anything Bends has to offer.

Bends tarnishes my appreciation for Radiohead, and with the critical acclaim that that 2-star effort recieves, I have no desire to even listen to Pablo Honey.

I wish OKC was RH's debut....

I agree with you that OKC and Kid A are considerably better than the Bends, but how can you not consider...

Planet Telex
Fake Plastic Trees
My Iron Lung
Black Star

Part of the awesomeness? Those are some fantastic songs. :yes:

I hate when Radiohead fans try to undercut the Bends to make OK C and Kid A look better.

I am a huge fan, and I personally like those latter albums better, but the bends is amazing as well... and every song is good on the album (no filler).

Those 3 albums progress perfectly into each other...

Mr. MIKEphisto said:
I hate when Radiohead fans try to undercut the Bends to make OK C and Kid A look better.

Perhaps it's just a matter of personal preference? I like OKC and Kid A better than The Bends but that opinion isn't to "undercut" the Bends "to make Ok Computer and Kid A look better." It's just how I feel.

Mr. MIKEphisto said:

I am a huge fan, and I personally like those latter albums better, but the bends is amazing as well... and every song is good on the album (no filler).

Those 3 albums progress perfectly into each other...

I hate it when Radiohead fans will mention OK C and Kid A but fail to include Amnesiac... :tsk:

:wink:

intedomine said:

I'll agree all day with you about Oasis but we completely disagree about The Bends. It is my favorite Radiohead album, just for the sheer number of amazing songs! I'd include Planet Telex, The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Nice Dream, Bulletproof, Just, Black Star and Street Spirit in the list of fantastic material.

It's not so much that I don't like the songs from The Bends, but they just seem so unremarkable. It's an album I don't need to listen to because I could find so much satisfaction listening to most other albums.

Black Star and Planet Telex are good songs, but the inclusion of tracks like the mindless noise of My Iron Lung and the monotony of Bulletproof and High & Dry baffles me, particularly when you hear how amazing The Trickster, Punchdrunk, Permenant Daylight, India Rubber, Lozenge of Love, Lewis Mistreated and Bishop's Robes are.

See... I love Bulletproof! It's so beautiful... esp. that low guitar/drone right before the second verse. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I get bored to tears by many of Radiohead's b-sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom