"radiohead's next album" countdown and anticipation thread - part ii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought "Lift" is Radiohead's most cheerful song.

angelordevil said:

Damn! There goes my attempt at being cutting edge :wink: I thought it might have been a mix of old & new...

no its all footage from TMGLMOAT...

buy it bitches...its worthed :drool: :drool:

LemonMelon said:

I can't believe anyone would skip this track. It is, simply, one of the most tragic songs ever written. It's cold, suffocating, sad, and entirely meaningful. Anything but garbage.

The lyrics are the reason this track is so great (although the music is a very important part of what makes the track work, with the creepy piano loop and the random sound effects). I bolded my favorite lines, but the meaning of the track isn't hard to figure out:

It's the ideal that fails to work out properly in real life.

It's a computer that fails to even be perfect (which is why I believe it is considered simply "OK" ), telling you how to live your life as easily and safely as possible, but in the process you lose the imperfections that make you human. Eventually, the positive advice begins to turn dark and the computer eats its own tail, because, though the advice may work for something that is closer to perfection, the human mind cannot handle such an effort towards greatness without breaking down. And simple human relationships can't survive it either. I love how the picture of a "baby smiling in backseat" later becomes a "shot of baby strapped in backseat". Pretty grim.

The destiny of a man obsessed with perfection and success is perfectly summarized with the final line:

A pig. In a cage. On antibiotics.

looks more like man surrendering free will at the point of marriage. that would be the point of the computer narration. computers dont have free will either.

LemonMelon said:

I can't believe anyone would skip this track. It is, simply, one of the most tragic songs ever written. It's cold, suffocating, sad, and entirely meaningful. Anything but garbage.

The lyrics are the reason this track is so great (although the music is a very important part of what makes the track work, with the creepy piano loop and the random sound effects). I bolded my favorite lines, but the meaning of the track isn't hard to figure out:

It's the ideal that fails to work out properly in real life.

It's a computer that fails to even be perfect (which is why I believe it is considered simply "OK" ), telling you how to live your life as easily and safely as possible, but in the process you lose the imperfections that make you human. Eventually, the positive advice begins to turn dark and the computer eats its own tail, because, though the advice may work for something that is closer to perfection, the human mind cannot handle such an effort towards greatness without breaking down. And simple human relationships can't survive it either. I love how the picture of a "baby smiling in backseat" later becomes a "shot of baby strapped in backseat". Pretty grim.

The destiny of a man obsessed with perfection and success is perfectly summarized with the final line:

A pig. In a cage. On antibiotics.

:up:

happy birthday, ed!!!!!!

it was yesterday, but still...

have a good one, my favourite radiohead member.

ed :drool:

FitzChivalry said:
From all the pictures they've been releasing on D.A.S., it looks like they're still recording the album. Who knows though, they could just be tricking us with outdated photographs and already be done with album.

Radiohead trickery! :drool:

:hmm:

:shifty:

FitzChivalry said:
What if Radiohead made an album of noises like zippers zipping up and down, spoons clanging in the sink, baby's burping, cloth tearing, cds falling to the floor?

They would be called rip off artists trying to mimic the Floyd. :wink:

The OOTS said:
Are they going to tour this summer?
Have they finished that album yet?

C'mon you lazy bastards....

OMG WAS LP7 LEAKED??? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :combust:

Oh wait; no it wasn't. You just wanted to get me momentarily excited and hopeful (only to be horribly crushed) by bumping this thread to post that. :grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom