"radiohead's next album" countdown and anticipation thread - part ii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FitzChivalry said:
And Street Spirit and The Tourist are miles, miles, MILES better closers than Motion Picture Soundtrack!!!! That's right! :madspit:

The Bends and OK Computer are both better than Kid A. :wink:

Can someone name a filler track on OKC?

Fitter Happier isn't, BTW, because it's used to push the concept. If it would have been placed at the end of Karma Police instead of being given its own track, people would consider it to be genius.

FitzChivalry said:

And Street Spirit and The Tourist are miles, miles, MILES better closers than Motion Picture Soundtrack!!!! That's right! :madspit: [/B]

Motion Picture Soundtrack is on another world:combust:

therefore its better that both

the tourist and street spirit

thats right bitches :yes:

Kid A is still RH's best album ever....the band will agree with me on that too...:p

LemonMelon said:

Fitter Happier isn't, BTW, because it's used to push the concept. If it would have been placed at the end of Karma Police instead of being given its own track, people would consider it to be genius.

OK Computer is 100% Filler Free* :yes:

:drool:

LemonMelon said:

I don't consider anything on either of those albums as filler. Filler is a cruel word. Fitter Happier and Climbing Up The Walls are weaker than the rest, IMO. Electioneering is :drool:

xaviMF22 said:

Motion Picture Soundtrack is on another world:combust:

therefore its better that both

the tourist and street spirit

thats right bitches :yes:

Kid A is still RH's best album ever....the band will agree with me on that too...:p

You really should write for Pitchfork. The less melody, the better.

You might need one of these though:

dictionary_thesaurus.jpg

Zootlesque said:

Fitter Happier and Climbing Up The Walls are weaker than the rest, IMO. Electioneering is :drool:

:lol: x 50,0000

Climbing up the walls is one of the best on OKC...and Electioneering is the weakest track on the album

:lmao:

xaviMF22 said:

:lol: x 50,0000

Climbing up the walls is one of the best on OKC...and Electioneering is the weakest track on the album

:lmao:

:yikes: Electioneering is genius. Even my dad (who thinks OKC is mediocre :rolleyes: ) likes that one. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

:yikes: Electioneering is genius. Even my dad (who thinks OKC is mediocre :rolleyes: ) likes that one. :wink:

its bad when compared to the rest

its like Jonny said:

ITS JUST GUITAR NOISE!!

LemonMelon said:

FALSE!

It's completely a filler track, and one of the biggest reasons I prefer The Bends. If it were about three minutes shorter, I might consider it tolerable, or even cool ("genius" is doubtful), but as it is it's a bore and a blight on an otherwise excellent album.

XHendrix24 said:

FALSE!

It's completely a filler track, and one of the biggest reasons I prefer The Bends. If it were about three minutes shorter, I might consider it tolerable, or even cool ("genius" is doubtful), but as it is it's a bore and a blight on an otherwise excellent album.

3 minutes shorter? It's only 1:57. :|

Oh, never mind...you were talking about KP. :wink:

is there a track as good as the tourist on the Bends ???

NO!

Or Let Down???

No!

or Airbag??

No!

you get my point:p

Speaking of filler:

Treefingers (though it is pretty and I do like it, let's face it, it's filler)

In Limbo (marginal, marginal tune)

Morning Bell (Ok, well, so this really isn't "filler" per se, but I still think this song is just :whatever:)

Which makes The Bends and OK Computer better than Kid A in my opinion.

LemonMelon said:

3 minutes shorter? It's only 1:57. :|

Really? Because it FEELS like it goes on forever. :wink:

Really though, just goes to show how often I skip that track nowadays.

Oh, and Sulk is awesome, especially towards the end when Thom starts to go crazy operatic with the chorus. :drool:

FitzChivalry said:
Speaking of filler:

Treefingers (though it is pretty and I do like it, let's face it, it's filler)

Morning Bell (Ok, well, so this really isn't "filler" per se, but I still think this song is just :whatever:)

Which makes The Bends and OK Computer better than Kid A in my opinion.

Wrong!

How to disappear completely is better than anything on The Bends

xaviMF22 said:
Let just end this peacefully

Kid A>>OKC>>>The bends :wink:

YOU SUCK!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :killintheface:

[/Gets out nuclear weaponry because someone has a different opinion than I do]

LemonMelon said:

YOU SUCK!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :killintheface:

[/Gets out nuclear weaponry because someone has a different opinion than I do]

hey I liked your cover of "the bends"
the song I mean...

you rock sir:bow:

FitzChivalry said:

:grumpy: :madwife: :wink:

I think that In Limbo is brilliant. There is something extremely powerful about the line "living in a fantasy world" that strikes me in the same fashion as "for a minute there, I lost myself." Intangible but extremely affecting nonetheless.

cdisantis83 said:

:grumpy: :madwife: :wink:

I think that In Limbo is brilliant. There is something extremely powerful about the line "living in a fantasy world" that strikes me in the same fashion as "for a minute there, I lost myself." Intangible but extremely affecting nonetheless.

agreed

In Limbo is one of the best songs on Kid A imo. I probably only like Idioteque and Everything in its Right Place more.

Treefingers though...yeah that's kinda filler. it works on the album but it's pretty much boring.

I think I might like The Bends more than Kid A. I'm not sure. The Bends has a very 90's feel while Kid A transcends time, plus Kid A flows better as an album, but I like the more straight-up rock stuff on The Bends. OK Computer is a good fusion of the two sounds I suppose, but I still think I prefer both of those albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom