"radiohead's lp7": countdown and anticipation thread - part iii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
House of Cards and All I Need will probably replace a few of these in a couple of days, but here we go:

1. Subterranean Homesick Alien
2. Airbag
3. In Limbo
4. Let Down
5. Black Star
6. Kid A
7. Pyramid Song
8. The Bends
9. I Might Be Wrong
10. Go To Sleep

house of cards really?

:yuck:

:wink:

xaviMF22 said:

nice going :wink:

I find house of cards boring though :shrug:

I mean it goes nowhere

Most of Kid A goes nowhere, but I still love hanging out wherever it is. :drool:

One of the things Radiohead excels at is the epic climax. I hope they have Videotape build to something wonderful. :drool:

LemonMelon said:
Most of Kid A goes nowhere, but I still love hanging out wherever it is. :drool:

One of the things Radiohead excels at is the epic climax. I hope they have Videotape build to something wonderful. :drool:

seems they took that out :(

and bitch Kid A goes everywhere...it is one fantastic ride :drool:

xaviMF22 said:

seems they took that out :(

and bitch Kid A goes everywhere...it is one fantastic ride :drool:
Why do you think they took out the climax to Videotape? Do you mean the part in which he sings, "This is my way of saying 'good-bye'"

From the performances of the tour that was still there, and, although Thom said it has changed a lot, we have no idea what the song sounds like now, right?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Top 10 Radiohead songs pre-In Rainbows, go!

1. Gagging Order
2. High & Dry
3. Pyramid Song
4. Paranoid Android
5. You and Whose Army?
6. Let Down
7. Airbag
8. How to Disappear Completely
9. There there. (The Boney King of Nowhere.)
10. The National Anthem

Gagging Order? I'd say my favorite b-side is perhaps Fog or Pearly.

My top 10:
1. How to Disappear Completely
2. True Love Waits (from the "I Might Be Wrong" EP)
3. Like Spinning Plates (live or album versions)
4. Motion Picture Soundtrack
5. Lucky
6. Idioteque
7. Let Down
8. Fake Plastic Trees
9. Sit Down, Stand Up
10. Wolf at the Door

It's really hard to say, though because my mood changes but those top 4 are always my favorites.

cdisantis83 said:
1. Karma Police
2. How to Disappear Completely
3. Exit Music
4. Street Spirit
5. Sail to the Moon

After those, the order becomes very difficult to determine.
Hey, a Sail to the Moon fan! I love that one, too. Lots of Radiohead fans hate that one, but I don't see why. I absolutely love "I Will" also.

LemonMacPhisto said:
[High and Dry] is pretty accessible, but it's still a great song, at least for me.
I agree. I much prefer it to most of "The Bends". I'm actually not a huge fan of the aggressive guitar playing and am afraid much of this new album might be "Bends"-y with "Bodysnatchers" and "Bangers 'n' Mash" and others. I much prefer the haunting style on "Hail to the Thief"!

Oh, this might be even harder than a U2 Top 10. All you people and ranking shit! :madspit: Here goes nothing:

1. How To Disappear Completely
2. Fog
3. Airbag
4. Planet Telex
5. Everything In Its Right Place
6. Sulk
7. Climbing Up The Walls
8. Blow Out
9. 2 + 2 = 5
10. Gagging Order

Talk about "Sophie's Choice"!!!!

Gagging Order is the most beautiful thing ever, song, person, flower, boobies, or whatever.

Muldfeld said:

Why do you think they took out the climax to Videotape? Do you mean the part in which he sings, "This is my way of saying 'good-bye'"

From the performances of the tour that was still there, and, although Thom said it has changed a lot, we have no idea what the song sounds like now, right?

no..the first performance of videotape included that powerful climaz

if you listen to the last show in Amsterdam you'll hear that the song is much slower and the drums aren't as powerful. So they slowly removed that climatic moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom