"radiohead's lp7": countdown and anticipation thread - part iii - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #556
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,003
Local Time: 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick


Come on, don't say stuff like that...because then I have to parade in here and inform you how you are breaking the rules by being sassy like that to someone...which you surely already know...and then I look mean, and everybody hates me, and it would just be so much nicer to not go down that route. Heaven, I need a hug.
Sorry, Bonochick.

I read one too many "OMG LP7 RULEZ!!!" message too many and snapped.
__________________

__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 10-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #557
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,664
Local Time: 10:47 PM
But seriously guyz.

OMGZORZ! inRANEBOWS!!! = dopesauws!
__________________

__________________
Lancemc is offline  
Old 10-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #558
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 06:47 PM
WHOAMG Radiohead! Must...have....Radiohead...marathon...today...
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 10-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #559
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Jonny's update wasn't supposed to and was not in reference to the CD release. I just posted it because there are people who are having trouble getting on the site to preorder.

And i haven't checked wiki today so sorry for the post.. didn't know it was removed. For the most part info posted on wiki ends up be true (not always but mostly). I never said it was verified either..

I imagine that we will get the info for the regular release soon so why don't you chill a little about this particular subject which you seem to be going on and on about.
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 10-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #560
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22


I really dont see how this is screwing anybody?

I mean you download the album for free
You don't?

But if you want the b-sides you have to pay $80
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 10-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #561
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,003
Local Time: 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
Jonny's update wasn't supposed to and was not in reference to the CD release. I just posted it because there are people who are having trouble getting on the site to preorder.

And i haven't checked wiki today so sorry for the post.. didn't know it was removed. For the most part info posted on wiki ends up be true (not always but mostly). I never said it was verified either..

I imagine that we will get the info for the regular release soon so why don't you chill a little about this particular subject which you seem to be going on and on about.

But I still don't know why you're assuming there will be one. This announcement has been 4.5 years in the making, so what's a few more days to get it right? I just don't see why the website would have opened already if they were still unsure of what they were doing.

And isn't the point of these threads to go on and on about something? We're not just slinging mud back and forth; it seemed to me we were having an intelligent discussion. You didn't seem to have a problem with like 10 nearly content-free posts going "OMG!OMG!OMG!" over and over again.
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 10-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #562
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 10:47 PM
we really don't know if the bonus tracks/b-sides are going to be available strictly through the discbox. As of now this is the case but maybe soon we will get more info about a regular cd release where they will show up. Pending whether they need a record label to release the cd's thru normal channels (I imagine they may whether they come out with their own label or not).
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 10-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #563
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
we really don't know if the bonus tracks/b-sides are going to be available strictly through the discbox.
That makes it worse. Then all you are getting is some artwork...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 10-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #564
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus



But I still don't know why you're assuming there will be one. This announcement has been 4.5 years in the making, so what's a few more days to get it right? I just don't see why the website would have opened already if they were still unsure of what they were doing.

And isn't the point of these threads to go on and on about something? We're not just slinging mud back and forth; it seemed to me we were having an intelligent discussion. You didn't seem to have a problem with like 10 nearly content-free posts going "OMG!OMG!OMG!" over and over again.
I didn't have a problem with the OMGs because I understood them to be out of excitement from everyone.. Which was their first reaction to the news. As was mine. I guess that wasn't your reaction to it.

Ok already, let's just leave it as a IMO for both of us on this.


IMO, it seems likely that they will eventually make this readily available to everyone down the road. The question is how, will they get a record deal or maybe do their own thing, have their own record label. They certainly could manage that.

Let me make it clearer... this is all just speculation right now.
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 10-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #565
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


That makes it worse. Then all you are getting is some artwork...

I suppose so. But again, I am just speculating about this..
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 10-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #566
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 06:47 PM
Simple answer:

HAVE SOME PATIENCE. Download the album and wait for the CD release if you want to make sure you don't get ripped off. Personally, all of this Radiohead news singlehandedly made my day and I will take the bad with the good.

LP7!!!!!
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 10-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #567
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,693
Local Time: 09:47 PM
idle speculation and hearsay ftw!
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is online now  
Old 10-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #568
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar



But if you want the b-sides you have to pay $80
It would actually probably be a fair price (given the CD, the b-sides, and the lp) if the dollar didn't suck so bad against the pound. It's not Radiohead's fault that the dollar sucks. That's just how I'm trying to look at it anyway.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 10-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #569
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,693
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl


It would actually probably be a fair price (given the CD, the b-sides, and the lp) if the dollar didn't suck so bad against the pound. It's not Radiohead's fault that the dollar sucks. That's just how I'm trying to look at it anyway.
now THAT would have been a good album title:

"It's Not Our Fault Your Dollar Sucks" or "INOFYDS" for short...
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is online now  
Old 10-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #570
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 10:47 PM
I got up and prayed this morning and my prayer went like this: "Dear God, please let Radiohead's album leak today. Amen."
__________________

__________________
Dalton is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com