"radiohead's lp7": countdown and anticipation thread - part iii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what happens now
I won't be afraid
Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen.

:sad:

I can't believe there were people who wanted it as an opener. :rolleyes:

LemonMelon said:
No matter what happens now
I won't be afraid
Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen.

:sad:

I can't believe there were people who wanted it as an opener. :rolleyes:

it could work as an opener..but it makes such a great closer :D

RH2.jpg

Thom

:cute:

xaviMF22 said:
could this be RH's last album?

I get the feeling that it might...but I hope it isn't true :(

Probably not. There are still plenty of songs to clear out...Lift, Burn The Witch, Good Morning Mr Magpie...

LemonMelon said:

Probably not. There are still plenty of songs to clear out...Lift, Burn The Witch, Good Morning Mr Magpie...

burn the witch could be

MK1 or MK2

faust arp could be mornin; mr magpie

and thats what I mean they used up a lot of old songs...so I don't know if they have many left

Big Boots anyone? :drool:

Faust ARP = whatever the hell that 30 second acoustic clip was :| It's driving me crazy now...

LemonMelon said:
Faust ARP = whatever the hell that 30 second acoustic clip was :| It's driving me crazy now...

no...trust me that was last flowers :wink:

faust arp has the potential to kick our asses

but I mean..reckoner...they didn't play it live on the 2005 tour

so its gonna be interesting to see how they changed the song :ohmy:

:sad: I don't like Reckoner yet. I wish I did, but it's the only one that doesn't work for me. Hopefully they've done some major cosmetic work on it.

xaviMF22 said:
but I mean..reckoner...they didn't play it live on the 2005 tour

so its gonna be interesting to see how they changed the song :ohmy:

Will it be the "give me french fries" or the "reckoner pa pa pa" version? Hmmm.... we'll find out soon.

:combust:

I can't wait to hear the new songs. I wonder if the cd version will be available in the stores?

LemonMacPhisto said:

Sorry, I overreacted.

That's always going to be a factor, but not too strong of a factor. Bands make the most profit off of touring regularly and playing festivals over CD releases.
It's okay, but it's still quite a bit to make up for. I had a lot of friends/colleagues in undergrad who downloaded their music illegally but never had a problem with never planning on buying the albums and they'd always tell me the band makes money on tours, but they never bought a ticket either. There are millions, who may have just bought the album if they had to, instead of downloading it. It's a real problem with young indie bands.

I have to pay a ton for my Mogwai CDs; they're like $25 dollars and part of it is the lower sales figures, but that's very much hit by folks downloading illegally, you know. The popular bands are alright; it's the smaller bands that really get shafted, I suspect, and touring is expensive for them if not that many people come.

xaviMF22 said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O0MI3gtaqfY

Thom :drool:

videotape :drool: :drool:

full band videotape :drool: :drool: :drool:
I know. On sites I'm allowed a signature, I always place a link to that clip. It's amazing!
LemonMelon said:
BTW, I forgot to say...

Eat it, House Of Cards haters! :p So much for it being b-side quality...:wink:
I preferred the Trade Justice movement version, personally and would get bored during that song. But, hopefully it ended up differently. Great vocals by Thom, as always, but the lulls between versus seemed to take forever in concert.
xaviMF22 said:

and so much for Down is the New UP as the tittle

its a b-side as it should be :wink:
I thought it had so much potential. It was their most experimental-sounding track to date. I'm saddened the band didn't feel it was good enough.

Last edited:
xaviMF22 said:

interesting...

I really doubt they would back to EMI though :huh:
I hope not EMI because they're copy protection technology in Canada screwed me over! I couldn't properly listen to it on my computer or my discman and I didn't have a stereo because I'm a student. They had a number and refused to call me back. Amazon.ca at the time was asked not to reveal they had copy protection for Canada's copies, so we'd all think every country had it.
I read online about a Canadian with the same problem and he said they sent him a US copy, which doesn't have it. Imagine that. The country that invented Napster wasn't given copy protection.

So, next time I visited my brother in the US, I bought myself a new copy. Problem solved. Those EMI bastards can go to hell. They keep using that acursed technology.
xaviMF22 said:

full band sucks :wink:

and Videotape FTW

and as a closer :drool:

just a beautiful ending :(
I also prefer the elaborated lyrics after the bridge in caps that excluded in later live performances of the song; they really help explain the emotions that otherwise might be too obscure:

This is my way of saying 'goodbye'
'cause I can't do it face to face
I'M TALKING TO YOU NOW THAT IT'S TOO LATE FROM MY VIDEOTAPE
No matter what happens now....

Last edited:
Lancemc said:
Umm, I tried that Members site several times and it's telling me my email address was never registered.

WTF is going on. I haven't gotten a confirmation email by the way. And I haven't been able to check my bank yet to see if they charged me.
I read that you have to register anew with this site; it might not be connected to waste. I had the same problem as you and when I registered anew with the same info I gave waste a few years ago, everything was okay.

So, reregister.
Lancemc said:
Random Thoughts In Anticipation of The Album:

Listening to Backdrifts with headphones on is like getting fucked in the back of the brain...and it rocks.
Backdrifts is great, as is most of HTTT. I don't know why so many Radiohead fans hate it.

Sit Down Stand Up and Wolf at the Door made me give this disc a second listen at the CD store, eventually leading me to becoming a fan. Never cared too much for "There There" or "2+2=5"; they're good, but I don't get the urge to listen to them.

Last edited:
Interview with Radiohead's Management:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/audio/RADIOHEAD_EDIT.ram

- the regular CD is coming out in January, a deal with a certain label will be made in about 7 days
- "Jonny's string arrangements are the best he's ever done"
- "Thom sings better than ever"

Exaggarate a bit, don't they?
Still, it gets you a bit more pumped up for the record.

xaviMF22 said:
could this be RH's last album?

I get the feeling that it might...but I hope it isn't true :(

:confused: why on earth would think this could their last album??? What do you think is indicating that?

Inquiring minds want to know.. namely me!:sad:

djerdap said:

- the regular CD is coming out in January, a deal with a certain label will be made in about 7 days

my question is: are they coming out with a 1 CD album (i.e. CD 1) or are we going to have the option of CD 1 and 2 (those 8 bonus tracks on the discbox set... ) I want both.. The songs on CD 2 are just as good.. :sad:

djerdap said:

:combust: HAED ASPLODES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom