"radiohead's lp7": countdown and anticipation thread - part iii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of folks have had problems with the online ordering of the boxset. I ordered it last night and got a receipt, but no confirmation e-mail, so I got worried....until I was told to check here:
http://www.inrainbows.com/Members/

It says my order was paid for, but my confirmation e-mail was "not dispatched". So, check the above link first before ordering again!

Good luck.

Lancemc said:
Since we're ranking:

1. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
2. All I Need
3. Videotape
4. Bodysnatchers
5. 15 Step
6. Nude
7. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
8. House of Cards (could be one of the very best if the arangment is right, the tour version isn't that great)
9. Reckoner (again, so low only because I have no idea what a new version would sound like and because the other songs are so damn good.)

I'm most excited by
1. Videotape
2. Arpeggi
3. Down is the New Up (just because it seems the most ambitious; so sad they've relegated this to a b-side.)
4. Burn the Witch (because I don't know if they kept this and changed the title to "Faust ARP" or not and haven't really heard anything, other than a few indecipherable notes)
5. 15 Step (which seemed fully formed but somewhat reminiscent of Idioteque)
6. Jigwaw Falling into Place (Open Pick) because it was the only rocker that I loved, but needed some improvement
7. All I Need (though it needed work)
8. Go Slowly (which had a great basic melody that just needed more texture)
9. Reckoner (I remember being excited by the acoustic version but can't remember it now)
10. Last Flowers (I just relistened to the acoustic version for the Trade Justice Movement and can't wait to see what they did with this, but sad to see it as a b-side)
11. Up on the Ladder (Haven't heard the original and am excited to hear what the hell it sounds like.)

The rest I'm so so about:
I preferred the Trade Justice acoustic premiere of "House of Cards"
-preferred the '90s version of "Nude", though this is rumored to have an orchestra.
-was never impresssed by the Coldplayish "4 Minute Warning"
-Only liked the bridge to "Bodysnatchers"
-Didn't like "Bangers 'n' Mash", though I admired Thom playing drums on it.

Have no idea what MK 1 and 2 are, but the uninventive titles don't hold my excitement.

Last edited:
Umm, I tried that Members site several times and it's telling me my email address was never registered.

WTF is going on. I haven't gotten a confirmation email by the way. And I haven't been able to check my bank yet to see if they charged me.

Lancemc said:
Umm, I tried that Members site several times and it's telling me my email address was never registered.

WTF is going on. I haven't gotten a confirmation email by the way. And I haven't been able to check my bank yet to see if they charged me.

the digital revolution takes time to develop, I guess. :wink:

Hmm. I think I might have entered my email address incorrectly when I purchased the set. That's the only thing I can come up with now.

*starts trying all sorts of random misspellings of email address*

Lancemc said:
Hmm. I think I might have entered my email address incorrectly when I purchased the set. That's the only thing I can come up with now.

*starts trying all sorts of random misspellings of email address*
When I tried the site last evening, the site wouldn't recognize my password or send confirmation of what it was to my e-mail address (to which it had sent the news in the first place). I tried the e-mail confirmation thing again a few hours ago and it works.

Here's the advice page:
http://www.inrainbows.com/Store/Advice.html

It says you can e-mail with questions to inrainbows@waste.uk.com

Maybe try registering again; it worked for me yesterday.

Lots of folks are discussing their problems on the main section of http://www.ateaseweb.com

LINK TO INTERVIEW WHEN THEY STARTED RECORDING IN 2006:
http://www.ateaseweb.com/2006/04/05/colin-and-thoms-nme-interview/

Last edited:
Ok, so this is the dumbed thing i've seen in a long time.

Good news: I got into the members section, and everything is confirmed and peachy keen.

Retarded news: I only got in because I can't type. I was trying my full address again, when I accidentally hit Enter before I typed the "@mac.com" part of my email address. Guess what? That fucking worked like a charm. "@mac.com" at the end? Doesn't work. Can someone explain this idiocy to me? Is the logic behind that funcionality just goin over my head or is that completely stupid?

Muldfeld said:

It says my order was paid for, but my confirmation e-mail was "not dispatched". So, check the above link first before ordering again!

Mine says order was paid and confirmation email sent but I never got the confirmation email. Wasn't in my junk mail either. I hope I get the code to download.

I tried using the site through IE, didn't work. Used it through Firefox and had no problems.

If you login, does it allow you to check for recent purchases?

I use Firefox. I can access my recent purchases, I see the purchase and all my information, and everything looks fine. I have a confirmation number and an order number, but no email. I just want to make sure email between them and me is working so I'll get the code.

Random Thoughts In Anticipation of The Album:

Listening to Backdrifts with headphones on is like getting fucked in the back of the brain...and it rocks.

I don't know how else to describe it.

Random Thoughts In Anticipation of The Album:

"There There" is still the greatest rocker Radiohead has ever performed. We'll see if it retains this honor come October 10.

Lancemc said:
Ok, so this is the dumbed thing i've seen in a long time.

Good news: I got into the members section, and everything is confirmed and peachy keen.

Retarded news: I only got in because I can't type. I was trying my full address again, when I accidentally hit Enter before I typed the "@mac.com" part of my email address. Guess what? That fucking worked like a charm. "@mac.com" at the end? Doesn't work. Can someone explain this idiocy to me? Is the logic behind that funcionality just goin over my head or is that completely stupid?

Lance pwned by inrainbows.com!!

Wait, did I cross threads again?

Sooooooooooo....which version of Nude do you think will have made the cut?

I'm officially in love with the '06 version, so I'm hoping that is the final say on the song.

Hey Lemon, Laz, Lance, et. al,

Could one of you guys upload a zippy of all your versions of these songs? I've heard a few but not all of them. I would like to familiarize before I listen to the final version next week.

The song I´m most excited about is Videotape. That song smells like a pure Radiohead classic. Arpeggi is also great.
15 Step and Bodysnatchers are very good and I believe that House of Cards and Jigsaw Falling Into Place (Open Pick) have a lot of potential with a proper studio arrangement.

Lancemc said:

Poncy? You mean progressive? Yeah, god forbid old bands try to stay toe to toe with acts embracing the digital generation. :uhoh:

...and leave their fanbase of old in the cold....

LemonMelon said:
Sooooooooooo....which version of Nude do you think will have made the cut?

I'm officially in love with the '06 version, so I'm hoping that is the final say on the song.

the 06 version :wink:

the band have said this in the past :der:

and apparently it has strings!! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom