"radiohead's lp7": countdown and anticipation thread - part iii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

Yeah, I know, but having them all on one CD like in the Discbox, but available separately, would be most ideal.

Maybe. I guess. But what if that doesn't happen? Is it really a big deal? Is anyone here upset Hail To The Thief didn't come with a bonus CD of all the b-sides from those sessions?

And hell, we might just see an Airbag EP style release after the album's out anyway.

Not that anyone (or the band) really cares, but how is this going to be handled by Billboard in terms of album sales, and how will Grammy eligibility work?

Because I imagine Best Alternative Album (at least) would be theirs to lose.

LemonMelon said:

Right on. It'll smear HTTT all over the sidewalk, and probably make my top 5 for 2007.

:up::up::up:

Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Kanye, and The Boss have some competition.

phanan said:

I like having the songs on disc, that's all. Not a major deal as I'll download them as well.

Last edited:
lazarus said:
Not that anyone (or the band) really cares, but how is this going to be handled by Billboard in terms of album sales, and how will Grammy eligibility work?

As you said, I don't think anyone at all really cares about that stuff. But I'd imagine they might get snubbed by the Grammy's if they don't get a label by the end of the year.

lazarus said:

it might not even chart at all

Radiohead new album: chart eligibility in doubt

Seventh album could miss out on a certain Number One spot
9 hours ago

With the shock announcement on their official website that the new Radiohead album 'In Rainbows' will be released in little more than a week, doubt has been cast upon the album's chart eligibility.

The band have not set a price for the download version of the album, leaving the 'price' field blank and letting the customer decide how much to pay for the release.

Guitarist Jonny Greenwood has linked to this site where the album has been made available to pre-order as a download and a discbox.

The download version will be available on October 10, while the discbox will be ready to ship on or before December 3, exclusively through Radiohead.com.

However, according to Meriel Blackburn, The Official Chart Company's Head Of Chart Operations, the uniqueness of the album's availability has put its chart eligibility in doubt.

She told NME.COM: "As they are not a chart reporting retailer (any retailer which supplies their sales data to the chart panel), we don't currently receive sales information from them for inclusion in the charts.

"On chart eligibility, we have chart rules that products have to meet for us to include their sales in the UK charts. These cover content and packaging, etc. In this case we don't know enough about the products to be able to say whether they would meet the chart rules and be eligible."

If Radiohead's last few album releases are anything to go by, it is almost certain the record would top the album charts if it was eligible.

A final ruling on whether the record will chart is expected soon.
:ohmy:

As for album of the year, my list currently looks something like:

1. Sound of Silver
2. Volta
(Though those two are always swapping placement)
3. Neon Bible

Then a crap load of stuff that doesnt' really compete with those 3.

Right now I'm leaning toward Sound of Silver, but I need to give Neon Bible a fresh listen; it's been a while.

Volta definitely up there.

And Lemon Melon, I take issue with your "smearing HTTT on the sidewalk" remark.

lazarus said:

And Lemon Melon, I take issue with your "smearing HTTT on the sidewalk" remark.

:wink: Whether or not you like HTTT at this point is irrelevant. In Rainbows could be far better. :drool:

Not a real big fan of RadioHead, but I went ahead and bought it. I paid 1 dollar for it. I get a confirmation code to download it on the 10th.

lazarus said:

Uhh, are you the one editing that article, Teeth? Because that thing has been CHANGED since I looked at it before my last post. The line about Greenwood mentioning the nomal release in early '08 is completely gone now, and I can't find the quote in any of the footnote NME articles.

This would appear to illustrate that the information is no longer accurate.

Having read the rest of the thread, it looks like the 2008 release is confirmed in other media as well. Anyway, it's still on Wikipedia:

It is reported that a standard CD version of the album is to be released in early 2008. [12]

Old news, now. But it was originally attributed to a Greenwood quote which apparently didn't exist, and had an article as a source which said nothing of the kind.

LemonMelon said:

Sky Blue Sky?

Wilco just bores me to death. Yeah, great band, very good album...but they're the most uncool great band in memory. Nothing mysterious or hip about them. And not that image should factor so heavily, but they're like the anti-Radiohead.

Please note this is coming from someone who likes all their work. I think A Ghost is Born > Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, and that Being There is a masterpiece. But I find nothing alluring or seductive about them, and their attempts to be weird just make me miss Pavement more.

The Volkswagen commercial and their pathetic rationalizing excuse ("We love driving Volkswagens!") doesn't help either.

What light?

So did anyone actually pay anything for the download?

I put in £4.43. With the processing fee added in the total is £4.88, which works out to $9.99 US with the current exchange rate.

That's the same price I would pay to download an album from iTunes, so I thought that was fair.

Danny Boy said:
So did anyone actually pay anything for the download?

I put in £4.43. With the processing fee added in the total is £4.88, which works out to $9.99 US with the current exchange rate.

That's the same price I would pay to download an album from iTunes, so I thought that was fair.

that's fair.. I will probably pay something like that when i d/l it.

Best thing ever since some radio station leaked Intervention.

I am soooo buying the whole package.

(I was among the first in the world to hear the new songs - Their first tour date was in Copenhagen, lucky me :D)

I've been waiting for this for soooooooooo long.

Best news in months.

Rejoice.

Btw, screw the haters, you can get the new album for FREE.
They're doing it themselves - if they didn't we probably wouldn't have the album before March next year. Be grateful, 10 DAYS!

AND LAST FLOWERS!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Album of the year? More like album of the decade.

Last edited:
God Part III said:
B
Btw, screw the haters, you can get the new album for FREE.
They're doing it themselves - if they didn't we probably wouldn't have the album before March next year. Be grateful, 10 DAYS!

AND LAST FLOWERS!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Album of the year? More like album of the decade.

thats what I mean

they could have said new album..next April and be done with it :|

but no.they are leasing it for free in 10 Days :drool: :drool:

and yes finally last flowers...that song has been around the OK Computer era :drool:

DrTeeth said:
I'm getting it for free :D

:wink:

I'm going to d/l for free and buy a copy when it comes out. I don't like paying for downloads because the quality is not particularly great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom