"radiohead's lp7": countdown and anticipation thread - part iii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
powerhour24 said:
Of course it would be nicer if people paid, but then again they can't really get mad when it spreads elesewhere without the use of their website. Free is free.

You could argue the Napster spread of Kid A helped its sales.

That's how I buy my albums. I'll listen to the link, determine if its worth my money, then go and buy it the first day.

xaviMF22 said:

it should beat the shit out of all of them

a double album might beat OK COMPUTER :ohmy:

:eek:
I can imagine the discussions taking place on the At Ease forums concerning how much one ought to pay for the download.:laugh:

LemonMacPhisto said:

You could argue the Napster spread of Kid A helped its sales.

That's how I buy my albums. I'll listen to the link, determine if its worth my money, then go and buy it the first day.

I've been tempted sometimes, but I wait for the release. Normally I'll listen to previews, get some feedback if it's an artist I'm not lifelong loyal to, or currently obsessed with in order to decide to buy or not.

I think I'll download the first set of songs and wait for a proper 2CD release

Zootlesque said:
I'll pay 10 bucks for the download. But I want some artwork. :slant:

me too..

but i am gonna buy it all.. so worth it.. not like we haven't heard these songs before so we know it is gonna kick arse...!

I wish U2 would do this too..:(

Zootlesque said:
I'll pay 10 bucks for the download. But I want some artwork. :slant:

buy the boxset :p

guys we don't know the specifics about this :shrug:

we'll get more details soon and who knows they might release it in stores

for now we have new songs to look forward to in 10 days :drool: :drool:

$80 is a lot of money for an album....

Who am I kidding. I can't afford it but I will.

sorry if this comes off as rude, but chill out xavi you sound like a drooling sycophant.

This development is rather bittersweet for me. I can't tell you how much respect I have for this band, thumbing their collective noses at the status quo and "the way things are done in this business". The lack of promotion, just keeping quiet and then saying "album out in 10 days". Amazing. The only artist I can think of this magnitude that releases albums with such little fanfare is Bob Dylan, although his website's been pretty over the top in the year since Modern Times came out. It's refreshing to see that it's all about the music.

But what I don't get here is rewarding the casual fan who doesn't feel like paying more than $1 for the music, and then sticking a royal shiv in the gut to the hardcore fans. 80 fucking dollars? Are you fucking kidding me? Don't give me this "But it's LP7 OMG LOL!!!" bullshit becasue that is so out of proportion I don't even know what to say. Vinyl + CD? Who gives a shit? If there are vinyl fetishists who want that format too than let them pay for it! I just want a physical disc and a booklet with lyrics, or no lyrics and just artwork or whatever. Why not have a couple different formats?

The other thing is because Radiohead DOESN'T have a label to split the profits with, nearly ALL of this money is going right to them. They're not spending money on promotion and advertising, save for the web design people, so what the fuck? How much did the limited editions cost in the past? Isn't this like a 300% markup? It's asinine.

Part of me wants to pay for the digital download and be happy, but there's something rather contradictory about the whole concept. It doesn't appear very well thought-out.

I hope that more of the Radiohead fans in addition to Zoots and LMP will try and be a little objective about this, because the idea of shelling out $80 for an album is just OTT, unless the thing can make dinner for you and wipe your ass or something.

On a more aesthetic note, this release begs the question--is it an actual double album, or is the CD2 of the disc box bonus tracks? Because if the standard download is only 1 cd, I can't imagine they would release "half" an album that way. It's not technically a double album then. I don't know the precedent for this because there really isn't one, is there?

Last edited:
lazarus said:
sorry if this comes off as rude, but chill out xavi you sound like a drooling sycophant.

This development is rather bittersweet for me. I can't tell you how much respect I have for this band, thumbing their collective noses at the status quo and "the way things are done in this business". The lack of promotion, just keeping quiet and then saying "album out in 10 days". Amazing. The only artist I can think of this magnitude that releases albums with such little fanfare is Bob Dylan, although his website's been pretty over the top in the year since Modern Times came out. It's refreshing to see that it's all about the music.

But what I don't get here is rewarding the casual fan who doesn't feel like paying more than $1 for the music, and then sticking a royal shiv in the gut to the hardcore fans. 80 fucking dollars? Are you fucking kidding me? Don't give me this "But it's LP7 OMG LOL!!!" bullshit becasue that is so out of proportion I don't even know what to say. Vinyl + CD? Who gives a shit? If there are vinyl fetishists who want that format too than let them pay for it! I just want a physical disc and a booklet with lyrics, or no lyrics and just artwork or whatever. Why not have a couple different formats?

The other thing is because Radiohead DOESN'T have a label to split the profits with, nearly ALL of this money is going right to them. They're not spending money on promotion and advertising, save for the web design people, so what the fuck? How much did the limited editions cost in the past? Isn't this like a 300% markup? It's asinine.

Part of me wants to pay for the digital download and be happy, but there's something rather contradictory about the whole concept. It doesn't appear very well thought-out.

I hope that more of the Radiohead fans in addition to Zoots and LMP will try and be a little objective about this, because the idea of shelling out $80 for an album is just OTT, unless the thing can make dinner for you and wipe your ass or something.

On a more aesthetic note, this release begs the question--is it an actual double album, or is the CD2 of the disc box bonus tracks? Because if the standard download is only 1 cd, I can't imagine they would release "half" an album that way. It's not technically a double album then. I don't know the precedent for this because there really isn't one, is there?

i can see where ur coming from but that first sentence is really uncalled for.. :huh:

xavi is excited about this and so am i for that matter.. We love this band and have been waiting for a long time for this kind of news..

you are entitled to ur opinion and so are we..

U2Fanatic4ever said:

i can see where ur coming from but that first sentence is really uncalled for.. :huh:

xavi is excited about this and so am i for that matter.. We love this band and have been waiting for a long time for this kind of news..

you are entitled to ur opinion and so are we..

LP 7 :drool: :drool:

And I wont stop :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom