"radiohead's lp7": countdown and anticipation thread - part iii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Com Lag has both pluses and minues IMO.

Plus: The excellent version of 2+2=5 and I Will (LA version) :drool:
Minus: The awful mix of Myxamatosis :no:

Zootlesque said:
Minus: The awful mix of Myxamatosis :no:

Forget How Do You? and the like. Remyxamatosis is the worst Radiohead track of all time, remix or not.

Com Lag is still totally worth it though.

Gagging Order is one of the most beauty songs Thom has ever written. Lightweight and acoustic maybe, but hardly a bore and hardly unworthy of all its admiration.

intedomine said:
Scummy slack-arse band......release the bloody thing..
I actually don't mind the wait. I want them to get EVERYTHING right. Apparently it was finished just recently and they want to get a record company and allow it time to market it. It'll just be more fun to savor it. I still haven't listened to all of The Eraser. Is anyone afraid Videotape won't live up to the greatness of various aspects of live versions?
Lancemc said:
Gagging Order and Fog alone are worth the $35 price tag.
You guys got screwed over in the US. It was $17.99 in Canada. Whether it's worth it depends on how much you like Radiohead b-sides. They've definitely declined in quality since the days of OK Computer and even Amnesiac. I don't listen to those songs much. I'd put my money into the Japanese versions of "Knives Out" and "Pyramid Song"; I personally prefer the studio version of "Fog".

Anyway, here's a live clip of "Up the Ladder" which is suspected of being included on the new album, given Radiohead's official site's cryptic reference to it:
(Here's a link to a live performance of the song from 2002)
http://www.ateaseweb.com/2007/09/26/radiohead-bring-back-up-on-the-ladder/

Last edited:
Muldfeld said:

I actually don't mind the wait. I want them to get EVERYTHING right. Apparently it was finished just recently and they want to get a record company and allow it time to market it. It'll just be more fun to savor it. I still haven't listened to all of The Eraser. Is anyone afraid Videotape won't live up to the greatness of various aspects of live versions?

You guys got screwed over in the US. It was $17.99 in Canada. Whether it's worth it depends on how much you like Radiohead b-sides. They've definitely declined in quality since the days of OK Computer and even Amnesiac. I don't listen to those songs much. I'd put my money into the Japanese versions of "Knives Out" and "Pyramid Song"; I personally prefer the studio version of "Fog".

Anyway, here's a live clip of "Up the Ladder" which is suspected of being included on the new album, given Radiohead's official site's cryptic reference to it:
(Here's a link to a live performance of the song from 2002)
http://www.ateaseweb.com/2007/09/26/radiohead-bring-back-up-on-the-ladder/

very :cool:! :happy:

So many of you have heard live performances and demos of the new material...I haven't heard a single note yet. I want LP7 to be a brand new experience when I listen to it for the first time, be it by purchase or by leak.

namkcuR said:
So many of you have heard live performances and demos of the new material...I haven't heard a single note yet. I want LP7 to be a brand new experience when I listen to it for the first time, be it by purchase or by leak.

listen to videotape bitch

I have an excellent performance :drool:

just this one

c'mon you can do it :wink:

I'm with you, Rucky. I've only heard Arpeggi one time, so I don't remember it at all. Well, I remember liking it a lot.

But I really want this to be a fresh experience for me.

CD 1 AND VINYL
15 STEP
BODYSNATCHERS
NUDE
WEIRD FISHES/ARPEGGI
ALL I NEED
FAUST ARP
RECKONER
HOUSE OF CARDS
JIGSAW FALLING INTO PLACE
VIDEOTAPE

CD 2 AND VINYL
MK 1
DOWN IS THE NEW UP
GO SLOWLY
MK 2
LAST FLOWERS
UP ON THE LADDER
BANGERS AND MASH
4 MINUTE WARNING

YAY

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

12.jpg

Album Name: In Rainbows
Available In: Download or Discbox
Release Date: Download: October 10 Discbox: December 3
Prices: Download: Whatever you want it to be Discbox: £40 (roughly $80)
Tracklisting:
CD 1: (digital download and discbox)

15 STEP
BODYSNATCHERS
NUDE
WEIRD FISHES/ARPEGGI
ALL I NEED
FAUST ARP
RECKONER
HOUSE OF CARDS
JIGSAW FALLING INTO PLACE (also known as Open Pick)
VIDEOTAPE

CD 2: (discbox only)

MK 1
DOWN IS THE NEW UP
GO SLOWLY
MK 2
LAST FLOWERS
UP ON THE LADDER
BANGERS AND MASH
4 MINUTE WARNING

U2Fanatic4ever said:
:heart: the album title!! IN RAINBOWS :hyper:

what I wanna know is did they ever get a record label? Hard to tell from this.. I take it they did for the discbox.. ?

I don't think they did

it seems they are releasing it on their on

RADIOHEAD PWNS :drool: :drool:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I know neither do i! just curious... woot on the album this year!

are you getting the disc box or just the download?

i want the box!

I'M GETTING BOTH :wink:

You know this could be RH's big fuck you to the music industry :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom