Radiohead - Yea, I'm really behind the times, I know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG, I LOVE these b-sides! Thank you namkcuR! I've listened to the first 21, and I've got to say that Radiohead really was one of the best 90's bands. Maybe THE best.

Pop Is Dead. :drool:

I love OK Computer but really can't fathom what is so brilliant about Kid A. Some of the tracks on it are downright unlistenable, and some sound like instrumental elevator music with a guy whining in the background.
On the other hand, I think OK Computer is one of the best ten albums of all time (for me, anyway). How can the same band have such different reactions from me? I don't know...but these two albums are polar opposites for me.

kid a>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OKC

:drool:

Both are excellent albums...but kid A is so much better......OKC has better songs......
but Kid A works better as an album

:wink:

I finally heard the new songs and they're alot better than I expected.

All I Need
Arpeggi
Bangers & Mash
Spooks
and Videotape

all stand out really far.

and has anyone been here?

http://www.lders.nl/

LemonMacPhisto said:
I finally heard the new songs and they're alot better than I expected.

All I Need
Arpeggi
Bangers & Mash
Spooks
and Videotape

all stand out really far.

and has anyone been here?

http://www.lders.nl/

you didn't include 15 Step:madwife:

arpeggi:drool: :drool:

videotape :drool:

seriously though" 15 step" has got to be the first single:drool: :drool:

I think a more developed Spooks would be the perfect first single.

Let everyone know that Radiohead is fucking back, Jack.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I think a more developed Spooks would be the perfect first single.

Let everyone know that Radiohead is fucking back, Jack.

don't think so buddy:wink: ..plus its too short

15 Step on the other hand is very catchy..makes me want to dance:drool:

"All I Need"!!! :madwife:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This song has the "potential" to be their "With or Without You". If they are interested in having a "With or Without You" type song . . . they've seemed to shy away from hit singles, so I don't know . . . but the potential is definitely there in that song.

FitzChivalry said:
"All I Need"!!! :madwife:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This song has the "potential" to be their "With or Without You". If they are interested in having a "With or Without You" type song . . . they've seemed to shy away from hit singles, so I don't know . . . but the potential is definitely there in that song.

"All I need"= B-Side IMO:wink:

I think the rest new songs are more interesting
:shrug:

I'm obsessed with All I Need. I've listened to it nonstop since it debuted.

The new songs are all of the highest quality though. Well, with the possible exception of Four Minute Warning which sounds like warmed over Coldplay. :wink:

zoetrope said:
I'm obsessed with All I Need. I've listened to it nonstop since it debuted.

The new songs are all of the highest quality though. Well, with the possible exception of Four Minute Warning which sounds like warmed over Coldplay. :wink:

four minute warning is :yuck:

xaviMF22 said:

don't think so buddy:wink: ..plus its too short

15 Step on the other hand is very catchy..makes me want to dance:drool:

"Spooks" reminds me of a jacked-up live version of "I Might Be Wrong", Amnesiac's 2nd hidden gem behind "Life in a Glasshouse"

I think "Spooks" should be the bridge of "Bangers & Mash". I think that's the only thing missing in that song.

And "All I Need" reminds me of "How to Disappear Completely" - but HtDC is my current favorite RH song, so it's not that close.

fools.

four minute warning is my favourite of the new songs. the melody is perfect.

and beautifully depressing.

plus it turned into a love song for me.

or an anti-love song. what would that be... oh yeah, a broken-heart song.

or something.

i don't have a broken heart, guys.

Don't shoot me, but all the new songs don't come close to Hail To Thief in terms, Kid A or Amnesiac of quality :scream:

For worse, the "new" songs don't sound new at all. They seem to be the HTTT leftovers, and sound tired, uninspired and bored. The last 2 songs of the Eraser put all the new Radiohead stuff onto shame :(

Maybe the band realized that the new songs are just crap, because I have heard rumors about a compilation :eyebrow:

I really :heart: All I Need!!!

And I too loveth 4 minute warning..:wink: I got to see that live in Philly last June.. They rarely played this song throughout the tour (a few times at the beginning but later on it disappeared).

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I really :heart: All I Need!!!

And I too loveth 4 minute warning..:wink: I got to see that live in Philly last June.. They rarely played this song throughout the tour (a few times at the beginning but later on it disappeared).

well hopefully they ditched the song:up::wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
:mad: hey now.. its not that bad of a song.. At least I think so.. and with them working the new album right now who knows how that song will evolve.

:madspit:

:wink:

I do hope "open pick" makes it on the next album though

Back
Top Bottom